Straight HAMON Fully Hand Forged Damascus Steel Clay Tempered Blade Japanese KATANA Samurai Sword
This Japanese sword katana has been hand forged using the ancient method of sword making. Full hand forged, hand polished and hand sharpened. This sword is made of folded steel with 13 times folding to create the 8192 layers, which cast flexibility and hardness of the blade in a large degree. The visible tenuous undulating grain on the blade was resulted from folded repeatedly during forging. A special clay is applied to the blade by hand, using a thin covering near the edge and a thicker layer over the rest of the blade. The clay temper process combines the characters of toughness and flexibility and results in a genuine hamon(temper line). This blade has been hand polished with multiple grade sharpen stone by Japanese method, which made the surface of the blade like a mirror. The blade comes with full tang which greatly enhances the strength of the sword. The dragon design brass tsuba comes with two copper seppas (spacer) securing. The wooden tsuka(handle) is tightly wrapped with black genuine Ray skin Samegawa and brown synthetic silk Ito, and two dragon design brass menuki on the tsuka. Black high gloss with speckle finished saya(sheath) is made of hard wooden, and the Koiguchi has been hardened, and the thick brown synthetic Sage-O has been tied around the bright copper Kurigaga (knob) of the scabbard. It is a very good choice not only for dojo and iaido use,but also for gifts, practice, display, and collection. Just buy it!
Straight HAMON Fully Hand Forged Damascus Steel Clay Tempered Blade Japanese Samurai Sword Katana Features:
- HanBon Forge Handmade Katana sword
- 13 times folding with 8192 layers black folded steel blade
- Differentially Clay tempered and water quenched
- Comes with a full tang blade and real hamon
- No BO-Hi on each side of the blade
- Dragon desigh brass tsuba
- Black genuine Ray skin Samegawa
- Brown synthetic silk tsuka-ito and thick brown sageo
- Two copper dragon design menuki
- Very Tight Hineri-maki wrap Handle
- Black high gloss with speckle finished saya(sheath)
- Double Pinned Bamboo Mekugi(peg)
- Brass habaki and Seppas
- Can be fully disassembled and assembled
- Comes with a free sword bag and certificate of authenticity.
NOTE: If you do not like the color or Mountings on this sword, please click HERE to choose different mountings.
Over Length: 40.9"
Blade Length: 27.7"