Clay Tempered Damascus Folded Steel Katana Japanese Samurai Scorpion Sword
The blade was made of damascus folded steel which was folded 13 times created 8192 layers and superior strength, flexibility. Repeatedly folding during forging results in the visible grain on the blade you can see. The blade is also Real Clay Tempered called the hamon( a visible temper line) on the blade. Clay Tempered blade is more resistant and durable. The Tang of the sword is secured by two Mekugi (peg), you can disassemble the sword from the handle by taking out two pegs. Tsuba and matching fititngs are made from top quality brass. The wooden handle is wrapped by yellow genuine rayskin with black ito. The black saya is hard wood decorated with golden scorpion, which makes the sword looks beautiful.
Clay Tempered Damascus Folded Steel Katana Japanese Samurai Scorpion Sword Features:
- HanBon Forge Handmade Japanese katana
- Damascus folded steel+clay tempered blade
- Real hamon (visible temper line)
- SHINOGI-ZUKURI blade shape
- Chu Kissaki (medium length)
- Bo hi (blood grooves) on both sides
- Yellow lacquered genuine SAMEGAWA (ray skin)
- High quality black tsuka-ito, sageo
- Brass scorpion tsuba, fuchi, kashira(handle buttcap), menuki
- Brass habaki (blade collar), seppas (spacer)
- Hard wood black saya(sheath)
- Taking out two pegs to disassemble the sword
- Very Sharp Blade Can Cut Trees
Over Length: 41"
Blade Length: 27.7"