Japanese Samurai Sword T10 Steel Clay Tempered HIRA-ZUKURI Blade Iron Tsuba
The blade body of the Katana is a hand clayed and differentially heat treated T10 carbon steel. The gain from the clay hardening is that the blade has a smooth and elegant natural hamon (beautiful curves). The hamon is authentic all the way up to the tip. This steel is stronger than our normal katana. We recommend the use of through clay tempered (hardened) blades for cutters as they will be more predictable and constant in performance. The blade features NO-hi and HIRA-ZUKURI kissaki. The Tsuba begins with a brass one piece Habaki. Two copper Seppas secure the blade of the sword. The Tsuba is made with iron. The tsuka (wooden core) has very tight hinerimaki (handle wrapping) using black ito over genuine white samegawa ray skin. The tang is secured by two bamboo Mekugi. The fuchi and kashira are iron. The saya of the sword is wooden with a black high gloss finish. The black sageo is tied over brass shitodome.
KATANA Japanese Samurai Sword T10 Steel Clay Tempered HIRA-ZUKURI Blade Iron Tsuba Features:
- HanBon Forge Handmade Japanese katana
- Hand Forged T10 Carbon Steel
- Clay tempered blade (Genuine hamon) for cutting is more durable and more predictable
- HIRA-ZUKURI style blade shape
- Blade and handle made of one block of steel without welding (Full tang)
- High quality iron tsuba (Hand Guard)
- Black tsuka-ito and sageo
- White genuine SAMEGAWA (ray skin)
- Very tight Hineri-maki wrap handle
- Double pegged with bamboo mekugi pins for added security
- High quality lacquered black hardwood saya (scabbard)
- Can be fully disassembled and assembled
- Comes with a free sword bag and certificate of authenticity
- Keep a light coat of oil on your blade when not in use
Over Length: 41"
Blade Length: 27.7"
NOTE: If you do not like the color or Mountings on this sword, please click HERE to choose different mountings.