Japanese Samurai Sword T10 Steel Clay Tempered HIRA-ZUKURI Blade Iron Tsuba
(1): In order to simplify the customization process, we only list a few of the most popular options. if you do not like the options listed, please choose "other" and write a note in text box below. Clickto view all available
(2): We offer a blade engraving service, it is FREE to engrave Chinese characters, English letters or Japanese kanji on the blade using a Laser engraving machine, we also offer hand engraving service. please write your engraving choices in the text box below. Clickto view
(3): Normally, we will complete your customized sword in 3 days, but we need about 3-4 weeks if you choose a Non-standard size blade or scabbard.
(4): We will send sword pictures to you when your sword is completed, and we will ship it to you after your confirmation. and we will send tracking numbers to your registered Email.
(5): Each customized sword comes with a free sword bag and a certificate of authenticity.
The blade body of the Katana is a hand clayed and differentially heat treated T10 carbon steel. The gain from the clay hardening is that the blade has a smooth and elegant natural hamon (beautiful curves). The hamon is authentic all the way up to the tip. This steel is stronger than our normal katana. We recommend the use of through clay tempered (hardened) blades for cutters as they will be more predictable and constant in performance. The blade features NO-hi and HIRA-ZUKURI kissaki. The Tsuba begins with a brass one piece Habaki. Two copper Seppas secure the blade of the sword. The Tsuba is made with iron. The tsuka (wooden core) has very tight hinerimaki (handle wrapping) using black ito over genuine white samegawa ray skin. The tang is secured by two bamboo Mekugi. The fuchi and kashira are iron. The saya of the sword is wooden with a black high gloss finish. The black sageo is tied over brass shitodome.
KATANA Japanese Samurai Sword T10 Steel Clay Tempered HIRA-ZUKURI Blade Iron Tsuba Features:
- HanBon Forge Handmade Japanese katana
- Hand Forged T10 Carbon Steel
- Clay tempered blade (Genuine hamon) for cutting is more durable and more predictable
- HIRA-ZUKURI style blade shape
- Blade and handle made of one block of steel without welding (Full tang)
- High quality iron tsuba (Hand Guard)
- Black tsuka-ito and sageo
- White genuine SAMEGAWA (ray skin)
- Very tight Hineri-maki wrap handle
- Double pegged with bamboo mekugi pins for added security
- High quality lacquered black hardwood saya (scabbard)
- Can be fully disassembled and assembled
- Comes with a free sword bag and certificate of authenticity
- Keep a light coat of oil on your blade when not in use
Over Length: 41"
Blade Length: 27.7"
NOTE: If you do not like the color or Mountings on this sword, please click HERE to choose different mountings.
AS A SWORD MENUFACTURER, WE TAKE GREAT PRIDE IN THE QUALITY OF OUR SWORDS AND GUARANTEE YOU WILL BE SATISFIED WITH ANYTHING YOU PURCHASE AT HANBONFORGE.COM. IF FOR ANY REASON YOU ARE NOT COMPLETELY SATISFIED WITH YOUR PURCHASE, SEND IT BACK TO US. WE WILL BE HAPPY TO MAKE AN EXCHANGE OR ISSUE YOU A REFUND FOR THE ORIGINAL PRICE PAID ONCE THE ITEM IS RETURNED.