Clay Tempered Shirasaya Japanese Sword Samurai Katana Black Damascus Steel Blade
This Shirasaya sword is clay tempered folded damascus steel full tang blade. Folded steel has the capability to be a harder blade, the incredibly crafted blade that has both strength and flexibility makes a high-quality sword. The steel has been throughly refined and tempered, a special clay is applied to the blade by hand, using a thin covering near the edge and a thicker layer over the rest of the blade. Chu-kissaki on the top of the blade. It is special treated black color blade, preventing it from rusting. The sword is sharp enough to cut through the fresh bamboos, small trees, straw mats etc. Normally, the black color will not fade unless you re-polish the blade. This sword has no tsuba (guard). The handle and saya are black hard wood.
Clay Tempered Shirasaya Japanese Sword Samurai Katana Black Damascus Steel Blade Features:
- HanBon Forge Hand Made Shirasaya Sword
- Clay Tempered Damascus Folded Steel
- Full Tang Black Blade
- Hi (blood grooves): No
- Chu-kissaki (medium length)
- SHINOGI-ZUKURI blade shape
- Very sharp (battle ready)
- Lacquered black hard wood handle and saya
- No tsuba (guard)
- Brass Habaki (Blade Collar)
- Uses: Iaito / Cutting Practice / Display
Over Length: 40.9"
Blade Length: 27.7"