Traditional Hand Forged Japanese Shirasaya Sword Katana T10 Steel Clay Tempered Full Tang Blade Red Wood SAYA&Handle
This japanese sword has been hand forged using the ancient method of sword making. The blade of the sword has been constructed from 1095 high carbon steel, and the blade has been clay tempered and water quenched, so you can see the beautiful hamon on the blade, this is result from the differential cooling of the blade. The blade has a sharp in "Unokubi-Zukuri" style, there is one big Hi(blood groove) on each side which is from Habaki to the middle of the blade, the thickness on the back becomes thinner from the half of the blade towards the tip, but the back turns to thck near the kissaki. This not only allows for a lighter blade and audible feedback when swung, but also can balance the blade to achieve optimal performance. The blade was hand sharpened and hand polished, it is strong enough to cut through a thick bamboo tree. This sword comes with full tang and Chu-kissaki. The sword has no tsuba(guard). It has the shirasaya style Tsuka(handle) and natural wooden SAYA(sheath) which are made of african rosewood. The full tang blade is pinned with two buffalo horn mekugi, and the sheath of this sword has buffalo horn Koiguchi and kojiri. This sword is strong enough to cut through a thick bamboo tree with a single strike yet sharp enough to slice paper.
Traditional Hand Forged Japanese Shirasaya Sword Katana T10 Steel Clay Tempered Full Tang Blade Red Wood SAYA&Handle Feature:
- HanBon Forge Handmade Japanese sword katana
- Constucted from 1095 high carbon steel
- Traditional construction Built for cutting
- Differentially Clay tempered and water quenched
- Hand polished with multiple grade sharpen stone
- Comes with a full tang blade and Chu-kissaki
- "Unokubi-Zukuri" style blade has two HI on each side
- Shirasaya style Tsuka(handle)
- Natural african rosewood saya(sheath)
- Double Pinned buffalo horn Mekugi(peg)
- One piece brass contruction habaki
- Buffalo horn Koiguchi and kojiri
- Can be fully disassembled and assembled
- Can cut the bamboo trees(fresh),tatami or slice paper
- Comes with a free sword bag and certificate of authenticity.
NOTE: If you do not like the color or Mountings on this sword, please click HERE to choose different mountings.
Over Length: 41"
Blade Length: 27.7"