Green Tsuka-ito Japanese Samurai Sword KATANA Unokubi-Zukuri Full Tang Clay tempered Blade
This Katana sword has been hand forged using the ancient method of sword making. The blade of the sword has been constructed from 1095 High Carbon steel in a Maru style. In accordance with Japanese tradition, the blade has been treated with a clay covering, applied to the entire sword except the cutting edge. The blade is heated and quenched in spring water. The combination of the quenching and the clay cover creates a significant temperature difference in the Ha of the blade and the rest of the sword. The hamon is authentic all the way up to the tip. This blade has been hand polished with multiple grade sharpen stone by Japanese method, which made the surface of the blade like a mirror, the blade is also very sharp. The tip of the blade is a O-Kissaki (long length), it is well defined with the hamon going all the way through the Boshi. This blade has a shape in "Unokubi-Zukuri" style, There are double Hi(blood groove) on each side, one is longer and shallow which is from habaki to kissaki, one is shorter and deep which is from habaki to the middle of the blade. This not only allows for a lighter blade and audible feedback when swung, but also can balance the blade to achieve optimal performance. The Tsuba(guard) begins with a brass one piece Habaki. Two copper Seppas secure the blade of the sword. The Hawk design Tsuba of the sword is made of brass. The Habaki (blade collar) is a one piece brass construction. Two Seppas (spacer) secure the Tsuba. The tsuka-ito is green synthetic cord with alternating cross over the white real ray skin samegawa, and two Hawk design menuki on the handle. The tang is double pinned with bamboo mekugi. The katana comes with a hard wooden SAYA(sheath) with black high gloss finished, and green synthetic Sage-O has been tied around the bright copper Kurigaga(knob) of the scabbard. The Koiguchi has been hardened. This sword is strong enough to cut through a thick bamboo tree with a single strike yet sharp enough to slice paper.
Green Tsuka-ito Japanese Samurai Sword KATANA Unokubi-Zukuri Full Tang Clay tempered Blade Features:
- HanBon Forge Handmade Katana sword
- AISI 1095 high carbon steel
- Traditional construction Built for cutting
- Differentially Clay tempered and water quenched
- Hand polished with multiple grade sharpen stone
- Comes with a full tang blade and O-kissaki
- Two HI(blood groove) on each side of the "Unokubi-Zukuri" style blade
- Hawk design brass tsuba and menuki
- White lacquered genuine Ray skin Samegawa
- Green synthetic silk tsuka-ito and sageo
- Very Tight Hineri-maki wrap Handle
- Comes with a black high gloss finished saya(sheath)
- Double Pinned Bamboo Mekugi(peg)
- Brass habaki and Seppas
- Can be fully disassembled and assembled
- Can cut the bamboo trees(fresh),tatami or slice paper
- Comes with a free sword bag and certificate of authenticity.
NOTE: If you do not like the color or Mountings on this sword, please click HERE to choose different mountings.
Over Length: 40.9"
Blade Length: 27.7"