Blue Blade Folded Steel Full Tang Damascus Japanese Samurai Sword
Blue Blade Folded Steel Full Tang Katana Damascus Japanese Sword
This Katana sword was made of folded steel, following the traditional Japanese process. The blade is folded 13 times resulting in over 8,192 layers. After sharpening, the blade is etched with an oxidation process to give the surface it's blue color. This color won't fade unless you re-polish it. This blade has long bohi on each side, this not only allows for a lighter blade and audible feedback when swung. but also can balance the blade to achieve optimal performance. The tsuka(handle) was made of hard wood with blue laquched rayskin and black synthetic silk wrapped. The tsuba(guard) and other sword accessories were made of alloy. This sword comes with a blue&speckle finished saya(sheath).
Blue Blade Folded Steel Full Tang Katana Damascus Japanese Sword Specifications:
- HanBon Forge Handmade Japanese katana
- Hand forged folded damascus steel
- Heated treated and oil quenched blade
- Hand polishing
- Full tang blade with blue color
- Fine finished alloy round tsuba(guard) and menuki
- Blue lacquered genuine SAMEGAWA (ray skin)
- Black synthetic silk tsuka-ito
- Black&red thick synthetic sageo
- Very Tight katate-maki wrap Handle
- Blue&speckle finished hard wooden saya(sheath)
- Pinned with two bamboo mekugi(pegs)
- Brass habaki and seppas
- Can be fully disassembled and assembled
- Comes with a free sword bag and certificate of authenticity.
NOTE: If you do not like the color or Mountings on this sword, please click HERE to choose different mountings.
Over Length: 40.9"
Blade Length: 27.7"
AS A SWORD MENUFACTURER, WE TAKE GREAT PRIDE IN THE QUALITY OF OUR SWORDS AND GUARANTEE YOU WILL BE SATISFIED WITH ANYTHING YOU PURCHASE AT HANBONFORGE.COM. IF FOR ANY REASON YOU ARE NOT COMPLETELY SATISFIED WITH YOUR PURCHASE, SEND IT BACK TO US. WE WILL BE HAPPY TO MAKE AN EXCHANGE OR ISSUE YOU A REFUND FOR THE ORIGINAL PRICE PAID ONCE THE ITEM IS RETURNED.