Blue Shirasaya Japanese Katana Samurai Sword Damascus Folded Steel Hand Made
This Shirasaya sword is fully handmade by HonBon Forge with traditional technology. It is Damascus folded steel blade with special treated, which was made by repeatedly heating, hammering and folding the metal, creating subtle and visible layers on blade. The process of folding metal is to improve the strength of blade. Blue color on the surface of blade is made by electroplating, this not only looks beautiful but also can prevent the blade from rusting.
There is a long bo hi (blood grooves) on each side of the blade, which not only allows for a lighter blade and audible feedback when swung, but also can balance the blade to achieve optimal performance. This sword has no tsuba, the tsuka (handle) core is wooden. Its tang is secured by two bamboo mekugi (pegs). Saya is blue hard wood. This sword is really battle ready and can cut the bamboo trees (fresh), straw mats and slice papers.
Japanese Katana Samurai Shirasaya Blue Blade Sword Damascus Folded Steel Hand Made Features:
- HanBon Forge Japanese Shirasaya sword
- Traditionly hand made sword
- Damascus folded steel full tang blade
- Blue color blade with special treated
- A long bo-hi (blood groove) on both sides
- High quality hard wooden blue saya
- No tsuba (guard)
- Black brass habaki
- Genuine buffalo horn
- Can be fully disassembled and assembled
- Comes with a free sword bag and certificate of authenticity
Over Length: 41"
Blade Length: 27.7"