Fully Hand Forged Damascus Black Steel Clay Tempered Blade Dragon Koshirae KATANA Japanese Samurai Sword
This Katana sword is well made by hanbon forge. The blade of the sword has been constructed from black folded steel with 13 times folding to create the 8192 layers. In accordance with Japanese tradition, the blade has been treated with a clay covering, applied to the entire sword. The blade is heated and quenched in spring water. The combination of the quenching and the clay cover creates a significant temperature difference in the Ha of the blade and the rest of the sword. The hamon is authentic all the way up to the tip. The result is that the Ha cools much more quickly than the rest of the blade, the molecules of the edge expand and push back the softer steel of the blade creating the traditional Japanese curve. The black color will not fade, unless you re-polish the blade, it can well prevent the blade from rusting. This blade has a shape in "Unokubi-Zukuri" style, there are two Hi on each side, one is longer and shallow which is from habaki to kissaki, one is shorter and deep which is from habaki to the middle of the blade, and it has a Chu-kissaki. The blade is full tang. This sword comes with a fine finished dragon design alloy tsuba(guard), and the habaki (blade collar) is a one piece brass construction. Two Seppas (spacer) secure the Tsuba. The Tsuka (handle) core is wooden and it is tightly wrapped over red genuine Ray skin Samegawa with black synthetic silk Ito. The Fuchi(sleeve) and Kashira(buttcap) are also made of alloy. The Tang of the sword is secured by two Mekugi (peg) . Two copper Menuki (ornament) are on each side of the Tsuka. The saya(sheath) is made of hard woon with black&red threadiness finished.
Fully Hand Forged Damascus Black Steel Clay Tempered Blade Dragon Koshirae Japanese Samurai Sword Katana Features:
- HanBon Forge Handmade Katana sword
- 13 times folding with 8192 layers black folded steel blade
- Differentially Clay tempered and water quenched
- Comes with a full tang blade and a chu-kissaki
- "Unokubi-Zukuri" style blade
- Fine finished dragon design alloy tsuba and menuki
- Very Tight Hineri-maki wrap Handle
- Red genuine Ray skin Samegawa
- Black with red threadiness hard wooden saya(sheath)
- Black synthetic silk tsuka-ito
- Thick black&red synthetic sageo
- Double Pinned Bamboo Mekugi(peg)
- Brass habaki and seppa
- Can be fully disassembled and assembled
- Comes with a free sword bag and certificate of authenticity.
- Over Length: 40.9"
- Blade Length: 27.7"
- Handle Length:10.5"
NOTE: If you do not like the color or Mountings on this sword, please click HERE to choose different mountings.