Full Hand Made Japanese SAMURAI SWORD KATANA BLACK STEEL Oil Quenched FULL TANG BLADE IRON KOSHIRAE
This Katana sword is hand forged and hand sharpened using Japanese methods to create the perfect blade for iaido and kenjutsu use. It has black blade which is made of 1060 high carbon steel, and the blade is heat-treated, and oil quenched to achieve optimal levels of flexibility and hardness. Normally, the black color will not fade unless you re-polish the blade, and the blade is also very sharp. The long Hi (blood groove) on each side, this not only allows for a lighter blade and audible feedback when swung, but also can balance the blade to achieve optimal performance. The round blackened iron tsuba begins with a brass one piece brass Habaki. Two copper Seppas secure the blade of the sword. The Fuchi(sleeve) and Kashira(buttcap) are made of alloy. The Tsuka(handle) is constructed of hard wood over the tang of the blade with black colored ito and red genuine Ray skin Samegawa. Two bamboo mekugi secures the full tang. Two copper Menuki (ornament) are the Tsuka. The Saya has been constructed from wood with black&red high gloss lacquered. The black synthetic silk Sage-o has been tied around the bright copper Kurigata(knob). This sword is a very good choice for Dojo students, gifts, cutting practice, and display. It is durable enough for cutting tameshigiri and bamboo.
Full Hand Made Japanese SAMURAI SWORD KATANA BLACK STEEL Oil Quenched FULL TANG BLADE IRON KOSHIRAE Features:
- HanBon Forge Japanese katana
- Hand polishing and sharping with sharpen stone
- 1060 high carbon steel black blade
- Heat treated and oil quenched blade
- Long HI(blood groove) on each side
- Fine Finished round iron tsuba
- Red lacquered genuine SAMEGAWA (ray skin)
- Full Tang Blade with 2 bamboo mekugi(pegs)
- Black synthetic fiber tsuka-ito and sageo
- Two copper menuki and two bamboo mekugi
- Bright copper kurigata(knob)
- Brass habaki and seppa
- Black&red gloss finished saya with hardened Koiguchi (scabbard mouth)
- Can be fully disassembled and assembled
- Can cut the bamboo trees(fresh),tatami or slice paper
- Comes with a free sword bag and certificate of authenticity.
NOTE: If you do not like the color or Mountings on this sword, please click HERE to choose different mountings.
Over Length: 41"
Blade Length: 27.7"