Hand Forged Black Wakizshi Japanese Samurai Sword black carbon steel blade
This black Wakizshi is fully hand forged. the blade of this wakizashi is made of high carbon steel, the whole blade is heat treated and oil quenched. the black color on the surface of the blade is special treated, the black color can prevent the blade from rusting. Normally, the black color will not fade unless you re-polish the blade. This blade comes with a full length Tang which greatly enhances the strength of the sword while swung.The tang will be filed to match well with the handle. The blade has long Hi on each side, This not only allows for a lighter blade and audible feedback when swung. but also can balance the blade to achieve optimal performance. The tsuba (guard) is made from blackened iron, The tsuka is made of wood and has black genuine samegawa ray skin with alloy fuchi and kashira as well as a small black dragon menuki and black tsuka-ito. The tsuka is double pegged with two bamboo mekugi pins. The SAYA (sheath) of the sword is hard wooden with a black high gloss finish. Sageo(cord) has been tied around the bright copper Kurigaga (knob) of the scabbard. the Koiguchi (scabbard mouth) has been hardened.
Black Wakizshi Japanese Samurai Sword Features:
- HanBon Forge Handmade Wakizashi
- Hand forged high carbon steel blade
- Full Tang Blade and double pegged with bamboo mekugi pins for added security
- 12 steps hand polishing
- black high gloss finished saya(scarbbard)
- Blackened small iron tsuba
- Black tsuka-ito and sageo
- Very Tight Hineri-maki wrap Handle
- Black lacquered genuine SAMEGAWA (ray skin)
- Brass habaki and seppa
- Can take it apart for maintenance
- Comes with a free sword bag
- Overall Length: 30.7"
- Nagasa Length: 19.7"
- Handle Length: 8.1"