Hand made Japanese Musashi KATANA sword Damascus steel full tang blade
This Japanese Musashi katana is hand forged using the ancient method of sword making by Hanbon Forge. the blade is made of Damascus steel, High Carbon Steel are folded 13 times creating 8196 layers for superior strength and flexibility. the visible tenuous undulating grain on the blade was resulted from folded repeatedly during forging. The whole blade is heat treated and oil quenched. The blade has long Hi on each side, This not only allows for a lighter blade and audible feedback when swung. but also can balance the blade to achieve optimal performance. The tsuba (guard) is made from solid iron with musashi design. The tsuka is wrapped in white genuine SAMEGAWA (ray skin) and the tsuka-ito is premium black leather. The SAYA (sheath) of the sword is hard wooden with a black high gloss finish. A thick black Sageo(cord) has been tied around the bright copper Kurigaga (knob) of the scabbard. the Koiguchi (scabbard mouth) has been hardened. This is a truly Samurai sword very suitable for iaido and kendo superior.
Hand made Musashi katana sword Damascus steel full tang blade Features:
- HanBon Forge Handmade Japanese Musashi katana
- Hand forged 8196 layers damasucs steel blade
- Heated treated and oil quenched blade
- Full Tang Blade with 2 bamboo mekugi(pegs)
- 12 steps hand polishing and sharping
- Solid iron musashi tsuba(guard)
- black leather tsuka-ito and a black thick silk sageo
- White genuine SAMEGAWA (ray skin)
- Very Tight Hineri-maki wrap Handle
- Black gloss finished saya with hardened Koiguchi (scabbard mouth)
- Brass habaki and seppa
- Can be fully disassembled and assembled
- Comes with a free sword bag
NOTE: If you do not like the color or Mountings on this sword, please click HERE to choose different mountings.
Over Length: 40.9"
Blade Length: 27.7"