Leather Saya 8192 Layers Damascus Steel Oil Quenched Full Tang Blade Japanese Sword KATANA
This japanese samurai sword Katana has been hand polished and hand sharpened by hanbon forge. The full tang blade has been constructed from Damascus Steel with 13 times folding to create the 8192 layers, which cast flexibility and hardness of the blade in a large degree, the visible tenuous undulating grain on the blade was resulted from folded repeatedly during forging. Long HI(blood groove) on each side and a Chu-kissaki on the top of the blade. The blade is hand polished and hand sharpened by 12 steps which create the surface of the blade like a morrior, and it is also very Sharp. The fine finished butterfly&flower design tsuba(guard) with one piece brass habaki(blade collar). Two copper Seppas(spacer) secure the tsuba of the sword. The fuchi(sleeve) and kashira(buttcap) are made of alloy. The Tsuka(handle) has white genuine samegawa ray skin with brown chemical fiber ito which is tightly wrapped in hineri-maki method and with two bamboo mekugi pinned and two copper flower theme menuki(ornament) decorated. The fuchi and kashira are also made of metal alloy. The Saya(sheath) has been constructed from hard wood with high quality brown leather wrapped. The brown leather strap of the saya can be adjusted by the metal buckles. This sword is well-crafted and well-assembled, it is a good choice for Dojo students, gifts, and display. It is strong enough for cutting bamboo trees (fresh),tatami or slice paper.
Leather Saya 8192 Layers Damascus Steel Oil Quenched Full Tang Blade Japanese Sword KATANA Features:
- HanBon Forge Handmade Japanese katana
- Hand forged folded damascus steel
- Heated treated and oil quenched blade
- 12 steps hand polishing and sharping
- Full Tang Blade with 2 bamboo mekugi(pegs)
- Butterfly&flower theme design brass tsuba
- Brown synthetic fiber tsuka-ito
- White genuine SAMEGAWA (ray skin)
- Very Tight Hineri-maki wrap Handle
- Flower design copper menuki on each side of the handle
- Brown leather wrapped saya with adjustable leather strap
- Brass habaki and seppas
- Can be fully disassembled and assembled
- Can cut the bamboo trees(fresh),tatami or slice paper
- Comes with a free sword bag and certificate of authenticity.
NOTE: If you do not like the color or Mountings on this sword, please click HERE to choose different mountings.
Over Length: 41"
Blade Length: 27.7"