Hand Forged Full Tang Blade Oil Quenched Hawk Koshirae Japanese KATANA Samurai Sword
This is a hand forged full tang blade oil quenched Japanese samurai sword. The blade has been constructed from hardened Damascus folded steel. The blade has long HI on each side. The Habaki(blade collar) is a one piece brass construction fitted over a copper Seppa(spacer), another seppa secures the Tsuba to the Tsuka of the sword. The Tsuba itself is a brass plate with a hawk pattern. The Fuchi (sleeve) and Kashira (buttcap) are made of brass. The Tsuka is wood laid over the full tang of the blade. Wrapped over the wood is a genuine Ray skin Samegawa with a black synthetic silk Ito wrapped over the Same. The full tang is secured by two bamboo Mekugi . Two hawk theme copper Menuki(ornament) on each of the handle. The Saya has been constructed from wood with Black&red high gloss lacquer finished. A black&red synthetic silk Sage-o has been tied around the bright copper Kurigata.
Hand Forged Full Tang Oil Quenched Hawk Koshirae Japanese Samurai Sword KATANA Very Sharp Features:
- Hand forged folded steel blade
- Maru style laminated full tang blade
- Hand polishing
- Chu-kissaki, long HI on each side of the blade
- Full Tang Blade with 2 bamboo mekugi(pegs)
- Hawk design brass tsuba(guard)
- black synthetic silk tsuka-ito and black&red synthetic silk sageo
- Red lacquered genuine SAMEGAWA (ray skin)
- Very Tight Hineri-maki wrap Handle
- Black&red gloss finished saya with hardened Koiguchi (scabbard mouth)
- Brass habaki and seppa
- Can be fully disassembled and assembled
- Comes with a free sword bag and certificate of authenticity.
NOTE: If you do not like the color or Mountings on this sword, please click HERE to choose different mountings.
Over Length: 40.9"
Blade Length: 27.7"