KO-KATANA CRANE THEME TSUBA JAPANESE SAMURAI SWORD 1095 HIGH CARBON STEEL
This ko-katana is well-crafted by hanbon forge. It has been full hand forged, hand polished and hand sharpened. The full tang blade is made with very tough 1095 high carbon steel, and it comes with long Hi (blood groove) on each side. This not only allows for a lighter blade and audible feedback when swung. but also can balance the blade to achieve optimal performance. It has a Chu-kissaki. The full tang blade of the sword is secured by two bamboo Mekugi(peg). The Tsuba (guard) of the sword is made of alloy with Crane design. The Habaki (blade collar) is a one piece brass construction, and two copper Seppas (spacer) secure the Tsuba. The fuchi and kashira are also made of metal alloy. The tsuka(handle) core is hard wooden, and the tsuka-ito is brown synthetic silk with alternating cross over the red lacquered real ray skin samegawa. Two copper crane theme Menuki(ornament) are on each side of the Tsuka. The Saya(sheath) has been constructed from hard wood with deep red speckle finished. The Sage-o is brown cord, wrapped over a bright copper Kurigata of the scabbard. This sword is strong enough to cut through a thick bamboo tree with a single strike yet sharp enough to slice paper.
KO-KATANA CRANE THEME TSUBA JAPANESE SAMURAI SWORD 1095 HIGH CARBON STEEL Features:
- Hand sharpened and hand polished
- Hand forged 1095 high carbon steel
- Oil quenched full tang blade with chu-kissaki
- Long HI(blood groove) on each side of the blade
- Fine finished Crane design metal alloy tsuba
- Brown synthetic silk tsuka-ito and sageo
- Red lacquered genuine SAMEGAWA (ray skin)
- Deep red with speckle finished saya with bright copper Kurigaga (knob)
- Bamboo mekugi and copper Crane theme menuki
- Brass habaki and seppa
- Can be fully disassembled and assembled
- Can cut the bamboo trees(fresh),tatami or slice paper
- Comes with a free sword bag and certificate of authenticity
NOTE: NOTE: If you do not like the color or Mountings on this sword, please click HERE to choose different mountings.
Over Length: 33.1"
Blade Length: 19.7"