HIGH QUALITY JAPANESE SWORD SHORT SWORD TANTO CLAY TEMPERED FULL TANG BLADE HUALEE SAYA
This Japanese Samurai Sword Tanto is made of 1095 high carbon steel, and it has been laminated in a Maru style. The blade has been repeatedly heat treated and hand forged to remove impurities. The clay temper process combines the characters of toughness and flexibility and results in a genuine hamon (temper line). The blade is full tang and hand sharpened, suitable for battle. The combination of the quenching and the clay cover creates a significant temperature difference in the Ha of the blade and the rest of the sword. The hamon is authentic all the way up to the tip. The blade has one short deep Hi (blood groove) on each side, This not only allows for a lighter blade and audible feedback when swung, but also can balance the blade to achieve optimal performance. The tip of the blade is a Chu Kissaki (medium length). There is NO TSUBA on this sword. The Habaki (blade collar) is a one piece brass construction. Two Seppas (spacer) secure the Tsuba. The Tsuka is wood laid over the tang of the blade. The tsuka(handle) is made of natural hard hualee wood. Two bull horn mekugi secures the tang to the Tsuka. The saya(sheath) of the sword is natural hard hualee wood. This is a sharpened, super, truly battle ready Samurai sword very suitable for iaido and kendo superior.
HIGH QUALITY JAPANESE SWORD SHORT SWORD TANTO CLAY TEMPERED FULL TANG BLADE HUALEE SAYA Feature:
- HanBon Forge Handmade Tanto sword
- AISI 1095 high carbon steel
- Traditional construction Built for cutting
- Differentially Clay tempered and water quenched
- Hand sharpened with multiple grade sharpen stone
- Comes with a full tang blade and real hamon
- Comes with Short deep HI(blood groove)
- Comes with natural hard hualee wood saya and tsuka
- Double Pinned bull horn Mekugi(peg)
- Brass habaki and seppa
- Can be fully disassembled and assembled
- Can cut the bamboo trees(fresh),tatami or slice paper
- Comes with a free sword bag and certificate of authenticity.
NOTE: If you do not like the color or Mountings on this sword, please click HERE to choose different mountings.
Over Length: 19.9"
Blade Length: 11.8"
AS A SWORD MENUFACTURER, WE TAKE GREAT PRIDE IN THE QUALITY OF OUR SWORDS AND GUARANTEE YOU WILL BE SATISFIED WITH ANYTHING YOU PURCHASE AT HANBONFORGE.COM. IF FOR ANY REASON YOU ARE NOT COMPLETELY SATISFIED WITH YOUR PURCHASE, SEND IT BACK TO US. WE WILL BE HAPPY TO MAKE AN EXCHANGE OR ISSUE YOU A REFUND FOR THE ORIGINAL PRICE PAID ONCE THE ITEM IS RETURNED.