Hand Made Japanese Samurai Shirasaya Sword TANTO Clay Tempered Blade Red Wood SAYA&HANDLE
This Tanto sword is hand forged by Japanese methods to create the perfect blade for iaido and kenjutsu use. Fully functional. The 1095 high carbon steel blade has been throughly refined and tempered, a special clay is applied to the blade by hand, using a thin covering near the edge and a thicker layer over the rest of the blade. The beautiful hamon on the blade is result from the differential cooling of the blade(quenching and tempering). The blade has been hand polished with multiple grade sharpen stone by japanese method. The blade comes with a O-kissaki and full tang, but there is no HI on the blade. There is also no tsuba(guard) on this tanto sword, the habaki is a one piece brass construction. The sword comes with an african rosewood shirasaya style Tsuka(handle) and the full tang is pinned with two bull horn mekugi. The Saya(sheath) is also made of hard red wood with buffalo horn. The Koiguchi has been hardened. It is a very good choice not only for dojo and iaido use,but also for gifts, practice, display, and collection. Just buy it!
Hand Made Japanese Samurai Shirasaya Sword TANTO Clay Tempered Blade Red Wood SAYA&HANDLE Feature:
- HanBon Forge Handmade TANTO sword
- AISI 1095 high carbon steel
- Differentially Clay tempered and water quenched
- Full tang blade with mirror polishing
- Comes with a O-kissaki and full tang
- No HI and no tsuba(guard) on the blade
- African Rosewood tsuka(handle) and shirasaya
- Bull horn Mekugi(peg) on each side of the handle
- One piece brass contruction habaki
- Buffalo horn Koiguchi and Kojiri
- Can be fully disassembled and assembled
- Comes with a free sword bag and certificate of authenticity.
NOTE: If you do not like the color or Mountings on this sword, please click HERE to choose different mountings.
Over Length: 19.9"
Blade Length: 11.8"