Traditional Hand Forged Japanese Shirasaya Sword Set (KATANA+WAKIZASHI) T10 SteeL Oil Quenched Full Tang Blade
This Japanese sword set has been hand forged and hand sharpened, it is fully functional and battle ready. The blades of the sword set have been constructed from 1095 high carbon steel, and the blades have been clay tempered and water quenched, so you can see the beautiful hamon on the blades, this is result from the differential cooling of the blade. The blades have a sharp in "Unokubi-Zukuri" style, there is one big Hi(blood groove) on each side which is from Habaki to the middle of the blade, the thickness on the back becomes thinner from the half of the blade towards the tip, but the back turns to thck near the kissaki. This not only allows for a lighter blade and audible feedback when swung, but also can balance the blade to achieve optimal performance. The blades were hand sharpened and hand polished, they are strong enough to cut through a thick bamboo tree. The sword set has no tsuba(guard), but it comes with shirasaya style Tsuka(handle) and natural wooden SAYA(sheath) which are made of african rosewood. The sheaths of this sword set have buffalo horn Koiguchi. This sword set is strong enough to cut through a thick bamboo tree with a single strike yet sharp enough to slice paper.
Traditional Hand Forged Japanese Shirasaya Sword Set (KATANA+WAKIZASHI) T10 SteeL Clay Tempered Full Tang Blade Feature:
- HanBon Forge Handmade Shirasaya Sword Set
- AISI 1095 high carbon steel
- Traditional construction Built for cutting
- Differentially Clay tempered and water quenched
- Hand polished with multiple grade sharpen stone
- Comes with a full tang blades and O-kissaki
- "Unokubi-Zukuri" style blades have two HI on each side
- Shirasaya style Tsuka(handle)
- Natural african rosewood saya(sheath)
- Double Pinned buffalo horn Mekugi(peg)
- Buffalo horn Koiguchi and kojiri
- One piece brass habaki
- Can be fully disassembled and assembled
- Can cut the bamboo trees(fresh),tatami or slice paper
- Comes with a free sword bag and certificate of authenticity.
NOTE: If you do not like the color or Mountings on this sword, please click HERE to choose different mountings.
Over Length: 41"
Blade Length: 27.7"
Overall Length: 30.7"
Nagasa Length: 19.7"
Handle Length: 8.1"