Traditional Hand Forged Chinese Sword Jian Folded Steel Clay Tempered Blade Feather Grain
This Chinese sword Jian(剑) is hand forged and hand sharpened using old Chinese method to create a perfect blade. Fully functional and battle ready. The accessories of the sword are all authentic. The blade was made of folded steel. AISI 1060 High Carbon Steel are folded 13 times creating 8192 layers for superior strength and flexibility. the visible tenuous undulating grain on the blade was resulted from folded repeatedly during forging. The double edges of this blade was also clay tempered, you can see the beautiful natural hamon on the both edges. this made the edges very hard. This blade has been hand polished with multiple grade sharpen stone by Japanese method, which made the surface of the blade like a mirror, the more importance is that the blade was polished by HAZUYA. This blade comes with a full Tang which greatly enhances the strength of the sword. The handle and the sheath are made of hard wood with brass fittings decorated. The quality of this sword is very great. This sword is strong enough to cut through a thick mat with a single strike yet sharp enough to slice paper.
Traditional Hand Forged Chinese Sword Jian Folded Steel Clay Tempered Blade Feather Grain Feature:
- HanBon Forge Handmade Chinese sword Jian(剑)
- Hand sharpened and hand polished folded steel blade
- 13 times folding with 8192 layers
- Comes with a full tang blade and brass fittings
- Hard wood handle and sheath with brass fittings decorated
- Can be fully disassembled and assembled
- Can cut the mat, slice paper
- Comes with a free sword bag and certificate of authenticity
Chinese Jian Size:
Overall Length: 40.9"
Cutting edge Length: 29.1"
Handle Length: 5.91"