CLAY TEMPERED FULL TANG BLADE LEATHER STRAPS HIGH QUALITY JAPANESE SAMURAI SWORD KATANA
This japanese samurai sword katana has been hand polished and hand sharpened by hanbon forge. The full tang blade has been constructed from 1095 high carbon steel. The steel has been throughly refined and tempered, A special clay is applied to the blade by hand, using a thin covering near the edge and a thicker layer over the rest of the blade. This results in a relatively quicker cooling of the edge during quenching, producing a hard edge and softer back. the beautiful real hamon on the blade is also result from the differential cooling of the blade (quenching and tempering). This blade comes with full tang and it has been hand polished and hand sharpened by 12 steps which create the surface of the blade like a morrior, and it is also very Sharp. The fine finished Samurai design alloy tsuba(guard) with one piece brass habaki(blade collar). Two copper Seppas(spacer) secure the tsuba of the sword. The fuchi(sleeve) and kashira(buttcap) are made of alloy. The Tsuka(handle) has black genuine samegawa ray skin with brown leather ito which is tightly wrapped in hineri-maki method and with two bamboo menugi pinned and two well-crafted menuki(ornament) decorated. The Saya(sheath) has been constructed from hard wood with high quality brown leather wrapped. The brown leather strap of the saya can be adjusted by the metal buckles. This sword is well-crafted and well-assembled, it is a good choice for Dojo students, gifts, and display. It is strong enough for cutting bamboo trees (fresh),tatami or slice paper.
CLAY TEMPERED FULL TANG BLADE LEATHER STRAPS HIGH QUALITY JAPANESE SAMURAI SWORD KATANA Features:
- HanBon Forge Handmade Katana sword
- Maru style laminated 1095 high carbon steel
- Traditional construction Built for cutting
- Differentially Clay tempered and water quenched
- Hand sharpened with multiple grade sharpen stone
- Comes with a full tang blade and real hamon
- No BO-Hi(blood groove) on each side of the blade
- Fine finished Samurai design tsuba(guard)
- Black genuine Ray skin Samegawa
- Brown leather tsuka-ito
- Two well-made menuki on the tsuka(handle)
- Very Tight Hineri-maki wrap Handle
- Brown leather wrapped saya with adjustable leather strap
- Double Pinned Bamboo Mekugi(peg)
- Brass habaki and Seppas
- Can be fully disassembled and assembled
- Can cut the bamboo trees(fresh),tatami or slice paper
- Comes with a free sword bag and certificate of authenticity.
NOTE: If you do not like the color or Mountings on this sword, please click HERE to choose different mountings.
Over Length: 40.9"
Blade Length: 27.7"