Fully Hand Forged Damascus Black&Red Steel Clay Tempered Blade Dragon Koshirae Japanese Samurai Sword Katana
This japanese samurai sword KATANA has been hand polished and hand sharpened by hanbon forge. The full tang blade has been constructed from folded steel with 13 times folding to create the 8192 layers, which cast flexibility and hardness of the blade in a large degree. The steel has been throughly refined and tempered, A special clay is applied to the blade by hand, using a thin covering near the edge and a thicker layer over the rest of the blade. this results in a relatively quicker cooling of the edge during quenching, producing a hard edge and softer back. The beautiful real hamon on the blade is also result of the differential cooling of the blade (quenching and tempering). This blade comes with full tang without bo-hi(blood groove). High quality tsuba(guard) begins with a brass one piece Habaki. Two copper Seppas secure the blade of the sword. The Tsuba is a dragon design made of brass. The Tsuka(handle) core is wooden and it is tightly wrapped over the red genuine Ray skin Samegawa with black synthetic silk Ito. The Fuchi(sleeve) and Kashira(buttcap) are also made of brass. The Tang of the sword is secured by two Mekugi (peg) . Two copper dragon Menuki (ornament) are on each side of the Tsuka. This well made sword comes with a hard wood saya(sheath) with black&red threadiness finished. A black synthetic silk Sage-o has been tied around the bright copper Kurigata. This sword is strong enough to cut through a thick bamboo tree with a single strike yet sharp enough to slice paper.
Fully Hand Forged Damascus Black&Red Steel Clay Tempered Blade Dragon Koshirae Japanese Samurai Sword Katana Features:
- HanBon Forge Handmade Katana sword
- 13 times folding with 8192 layers black folded steel blade
- Traditional construction Built for cutting
- Differentially Clay tempered and water quenched
- Hand sharpened with multiple grade sharpen stone
- Comes with a full tang blade
- Dragon design brass tsuba and menuki
- Very Tight Hineri-maki wrap Handle
- Red genuine Ray skin Samegawa
- Black with red threadiness finished hard wooden saya(sheath)
- Black synthetic silk tsuka-ito and thick black sageo
- Double Pinned Bamboo Mekugi(peg)
- Brass habaki and seppa
- Can be fully disassembled and assembled
- Can cut the bamboo trees(fresh),tatami or slice paper
- Comes with a free sword bag and certificate of authenticity.
NOTE: If you do not like the color or Mountings on this sword, please click HERE to choose different mountings.
Over Length: 40.9"
Blade Length: 27.7"