Damascus Folded Steel Full Tang Blade Japanese Samurai Sword katana
This katana featured a hand forged damascus steel blade. The blade of the sword has been hand forged using the ancient method of sword making. Full hand forged, hand polished and hand sharpened. High Carbon Steel are folded 13 times creating 8196 layers for superior strength and flexibility. the visible tenuous undulating grain on the blade was resulted from folded repeatedly during forging. The whole blade was hardened by oil tempered. The blade is hand polished and hand sharpened by 12 steps which create the surface of the blade like a morrior. This blade comes with a full length Tang which greatly enhances the strength of the sword. this sword is strong enough to cut through a thick bamboo tree with a single strike yet sharp enough to slice paper. The tsuba (guard) is made from alloy. The tsuka is wrapped in white genuine SAMEGAWA (ray skin) and the tsuka-ito is premium white slik. This is a sharpened, super, truly battle ready Samurai sword very suitable for iaido and kendo superior.
Damascus Folded Steel Full Tang Blade Japanese Samurai Sword katana Features:
- HanBon Forge Handmade Katana
- 8196 layers damasucs steel blade
- heated treated and oil quenched blade
- Full Tang Blade and double pegged with bamboo mekugi pins for added security
- 12 steps hand polishing and sharping
- White silk tsuka-ito and sageo
- White genuine SAMEGAWA (ray skin) inlay
- Very Tight Hineri-maki wrap Handle
- Hard wood saya with hardened Koiguchi (scabbard mouth)
- Brass habaki and seppa
- Can be fully disassembled and assembled
- Can cut the bamboo trees(fresh),tatami or slice paper
- Comes with a free sword bag
Over Length: 40.9"
Blade Length: 27.7"