Fully Hand Forged Japanese Samurai Sword KATANA Full Tang Oil Quenched Blade
This is a hand made japanese katana sword, it has been forged by the ancient method of sword making. Full hand forged, hand polished. The blade of the sword has been constructed from 1095 High Carbon steel in a Maru style. This blade has a shape in "Unokubi-Zukuri" style, There are two Hi on each side, one is longer and shallow which is from habaki to kissaki, one is shorter and deep which is from habaki to the middle of the blade, and it has a Chu-kissaki. The Tsuba begins with a brass one piece Habaki. Two copper Seppas secure the blade of the sword. The Tsuba is a flower design made with metal alloy. The Fuchi (sleeve) and Kashira (buttcap) are also made of alloy. The Tsuka(handle) is constructed of hard wood over the tang of the blade with black colored ito maki and red authentic samegawa. Two bamboo mekugi secures the full tang. A flower theme brass menuki is found on each side of the handle. The Saya has been constructed from wood with black&red high gloss lacquer finished. A black synthetic silk Sage-o has been tied around the bright copper Kurigata(knob). This sword is a very good choice for Dojo students, gifts, practice, and display.
Fully Hand Forged Japanese Samurai Sword Katana Full Tang Oil Quenched Blade Features:
- HanBon Forge hand made katana
- Hand forged and hand polished
- AISI 1060 high carbon steel blade
- Unokubi-Zukuri style full tang blade
- Oil Quenched blade
- long HI
- Brass habaki and seppa
- Flower design metal alloy tsuba
- Red real ray skin samegawa
- black synthetic silk tsuka-ito and sageo
- Two flower theme copper menuki(ornament)
- Black&red gloss finished saya with hardened Koiguchi (scabbard mouth)
- Can be fully disassembled and assembled
- Comes with a free sword bag and certificate of authenticity.
NOTE: If you do not like the color or Mountings on this sword, please click HERE to choose different mountings.
Over Length: 40.9"
Blade Length: 27.7"