HAND FORGED JAPANESE SAMURAI SWORD 1095 HIGH CARBON STEEL
This is a handmade KO-katana japanese samurai sword. It has been full hand forged, hand polished. The full tang blade is made of quality 1095 high carbon steel which has has been laminated in a Maru style. The whole blade was hardened by heated treated and oil quenched. It has a Chu-kissaki(medimu length) and long HI on each side of the blade. The Habaki(blade collar) is a one piece brass construction over a brass Seppa. Two Seppas (spacer) secure the Tsuba. The Tsuba(guard) is constructed from metal alloy in horse design. The full tang of the sword is secured by two bamboo Mekugi (peg). The tsuka(handle) core is hard wooden, and the tsuka-ito is black synthetic silk with alternating cross over the white real ray skin samegawa. The full tang is double pinned with bamboo mekugi. Two copper Menuki(ornament) are on each side of the Tsuka. The Fuchi(sleeve) and Kashira(buttcap) are made of alloy. The saya (sheath) of the sword is hard wooden with black&white high gloss finished. The Sage-o is black cord, wrapped over a bright copper Kurigata. This blade comes with a full length Tang which greatly enhances the strength of the sword.
HAND FORGED KO-KATANA JAPANESE SAMURAI SWORD 1095 HIGH CARBON STEEL Features:
- HanBon Forge Handmade Japanese Sword katana
- Hand forged 1095 high carbon steel
- Maru style laminated and oil quenched
- Full Tang Blade with 2 bamboo mekugi(pegs)
- 12 steps hand polishing and hand sharping
- Long HI and Chu-kissaki
- Fine finished Horse design alloy tsuba(guard)
- Black synthetic silk tsuka-ito and sageo
- White genuine SAMEGAWA (ray skin)
- Very Tight Hineri-maki wrap Handle
- Black&white gloss finished saya with hardened Koiguchi (scabbard mouth)
- Brass habaki and seppa
- Can be fully disassembled and assembled
- Comes with a free sword bag and certificate of authenticity.
NOTE: If you do not like the color or Mountings on this sword, please click HERE to choose different mountings.
Over Length: 33.1"
Blade Length: 19.7"