T10 Steel Oil Quenched Full Tang Blade Japanese Samurai Sword NAGINATA
This is a well-made T10 steel NAGINATA, following the traditional Japanese process. The full tang blade has a superior heat treated and oil quenched, it has a Chu-kissaki on the top of the blade. This blade has a shape in "Unokubi-Zukuri" style, there are two Hi on each side, one is longer and shallow which is from habaki to kissaki, one is shorter and deep which is from habaki to the middle of the blade, this not only allows for a lighter blade and audible feedback when swung, but also can balance the blade to achieve optimal performance. This blade has been hand polished with multiple grade sharpen stone by Japanese method, which made the surface of the blade like a mirror. The Tsuba(guard) is made of iron and it begins with a brass one piece Habaki. Two copper Seppas(spacer) secure the tsuba of the sword. The Tsuba comes with musashi design. The fuchi and kashira are also made of iron. The tsuka(handle) core is hard wooden, and the tsuka-ito is black synthetic silk, wrapped over the white real ray skin samegawa. The full tang is double pinned with two bamboo mekugi. It comes with a black matt lacquered hard wood saya(sheath), and black silk sageo tied over a wooden kurikata with brass shitodome.
T10 Steel Oil Quenched Full Tang Blade Japanese Samurai Sword NAGINATA Features:
- HanBon Forge Handmade Japanese Musashi NAGINATA
- Hand forged T10 steel blade
- Maru style laminated and Oil quenched
- Full Tang Blade with 2 bamboo mekugi(pegs)
- 12 steps hand polishing
- Fine finished musashi design iron tsuba(guard)
- Black synthetic silk tsuka-ito and sageo
- White lacquered genuine SAMEGAWA (ray skin)
- Very Tight Hineri-maki wrap Handle
- Black matt lacquered saya(sheath) with hardened Koiguchi
- Brass habaki and seppa
- Comes with iron fuchi and kashira
- Can be fully disassembled and assembled
- Comes with a free sword bag and certificate of authenticity.
NOTE: If you do not like the color or Mountings on this sword, please click HERE to choose different mountings.
- NAGINATA Size:
- Overall Length: 45.3"
- Nagasa Length: 27.8"
- Handle Length: 15.7"