Japanese Samurai Sword KATANA Unokubi-Zukuri Full Tang Clay tempered Full Tang Blade
This Katana sword has been hand forged using the ancient method of sword making. The blade of the sword has been constructed from 1095 High Carbon steel in a Maru style. A special clay was applied to the blade by hand, using a thin covering near the edge and a thicker layer over the rest of the blade. this results in a relatively quicker cooling of the edge during quenching, producing a hard edge and softer back. the beautiful real hamon on the blade was also result of the differential cooling of the blade (quenching and tempering). This blade has been hand polished with multiple grade sharpen stone by Japanese method, which made the surface of the blade like a mirror, the blade is also very sharp.The tip of the blade is a O-Kissaki (long length), it is well defined with the hamon going all the way through the Boshi. This blade has a shape in "Unokubi-Zukuri" style, there are two Hi on each side, one is longer and shallow which is from habaki to kissaki, one is shorter and deep which is from habaki to the middle of the blade, This not only allows for a lighter blade and audible feedback when swung, but also can balance the blade to achieve optimal performance. The Tsuba (guard) of the sword is made of iron. The Habaki (blade collar) is a one piece brass construction. Two Seppas (spacer) secure the Tsuba. The Tsuka (handle) core is wooden and it is tightly wrapped over white genuine Ray skin Samegawa with coffee color synthetic silk Ito. The Fuchi (sleeve) and Kashira (buttcap) are also made of iron. The Tang of the sword is secured by two Mekugi (peg) . Two copper Menuki (ornament) are on each side of the Tsuka. The saya (sheath) of the sword is hard wooden with black high gloss finished. Coffee synthetic Sage-O has been tied around the bright copper Kurigaga (knob) of the scabbard. the Koiguchi has been hardened. This is a sharpened, super, truly battle ready Samurai sword very suitable for iaido and kendo superior.
Japanese Samurai Sword KATANA Unokubi-Zukuri Full Tang Clay tempered Full Tang Blade Features:
- HanBon Forge Handmade Katana sword
- AISI 1095 high carbon steel
- Traditional construction Built for cutting
- Differentially Clay tempered and water quenched
- Hand polished with multiple grade sharpen stone
- Comes with a full tang blade and O-kissaki
- Two HI(blood groove) on each side of the "Unokubi-Zukuri" style blade
- Fine finished iron tsuba(guard)
- White genuine Ray skin Samegawa
- Coffee synthetic silk tsuka-ito and sageo
- Two blacked menuki on the tsuka(handle)
- Very Tight hinerimaki wrap Handle
- Comes with a black gloss finished saya(sheath)
- Double Pinned Bamboo Mekugi(peg)
- Brass habaki and Seppas
- Can be fully disassembled and assembled
- Can cut the bamboo trees(fresh),tatami or slice paper
- Comes with a free sword bag and certificate of authenticity.
NOTE: If you do not like the color or Mountings on this sword, please click HERE to choose different mountings.
Over Length: 40.9"
Blade Length: 27.7"
AS A SWORD MENUFACTURER, WE TAKE GREAT PRIDE IN THE QUALITY OF OUR SWORDS AND GUARANTEE YOU WILL BE SATISFIED WITH ANYTHING YOU PURCHASE AT HANBONFORGE.COM. IF FOR ANY REASON YOU ARE NOT COMPLETELY SATISFIED WITH YOUR PURCHASE, SEND IT BACK TO US. WE WILL BE HAPPY TO MAKE AN EXCHANGE OR ISSUE YOU A REFUND FOR THE ORIGINAL PRICE PAID ONCE THE ITEM IS RETURNED.