Hand Forged Full Tang Blade Clay Tempered HAZUYA Polished Japanese Samurai Sword Katana
This katana is well-crafted by hanbon forge. It has been full hand forged, hand polished and hand sharpened. The full tang blade is made with very tough 1095 high carbon steel. The steel has been throughly refined and tempered, A special clay is applied to the blade by hand, using a thin covering near the edge and a thicker layer over the rest of the blade. This results in a relatively quicker cooling of the edge during quenching, producing a hard edge and softer back. The beautiful real hamon on the blade is also result in the differential cooling of the blade (quenching and tempering). The blade was polished by HAZUYA which is a very thin Uchigumori stone fixed with paper, Hazuya is a specific stone to bring up hamon, the stone is very fine and soft against the steel. The work is done to get mirror-like surface on shinogi-ji and edge. Well-crafted crane design brass tsuba(guard) with one piece brass made habaki(blade collar). Two copper Seppas(spacer) secure the tsuba of the sword. The fuchi(sleeve) and kashira(buttcap) are also made of brass. The Tsuka(handle) has black genuine samegawa ray skin with black chemical fiber ito which is tightly wrapped in hineri-maki method with two bamboo mekugi pinned and two copper Goldfish theme menuki(ornament) decorated. The Saya(sheath) has been constructed from hard wood with Same' covered, the Same'(ray skin )has been sanded smooth and filled with polished lacquer. The Koiguchi has been hardened This sword is a well-crafted and well assembled, it is a good choice for Dojo students, gifts, and display. It is strong enough for cutting bamboo trees (fresh),tatami or slice paper.
Hand Forged Full Tang Blade Clay Tempered HAZUYA Polished Japanese Samurai Sword Katana Features:
- HanBon Forge Handmade Japanese katana
- AISI 1095 high carbon steel blade
- Hand polished and hand sharpened by Hazuya
- Clay tempered and water quenched
- No bo-hi(blood groove) on the blade
- Full Tang Blade with 2 bamboo mekugi(pegs)
- Crane theme design brass tsuba(guard)
- Black synthetic silk tsuka-ito and sageo
- Black lacquered genuine SAMEGAWA (ray skin)
- Same' covered hard wood Saya(sheath)
- Two copper goldfish design menuki
- Very Tight Hineri-maki wrap Handle
- Brass habaki and seppas
- Can be fully disassembled and assembled
- Can cut the bamboo trees(fresh),tatami or slice paper
- Comes with a free sword bag and certificate of authenticity.
NOTE: If you do not like the color or Mountings on this sword, please click HERE to choose different mountings.
Over Length: 40.9"
Blade Length: 27.7"
AS A SWORD MENUFACTURER, WE TAKE GREAT PRIDE IN THE QUALITY OF OUR SWORDS AND GUARANTEE YOU WILL BE SATISFIED WITH ANYTHING YOU PURCHASE AT HANBONFORGE.COM. IF FOR ANY REASON YOU ARE NOT COMPLETELY SATISFIED WITH YOUR PURCHASE, SEND IT BACK TO US. WE WILL BE HAPPY TO MAKE AN EXCHANGE OR ISSUE YOU A REFUND FOR THE ORIGINAL PRICE PAID ONCE THE ITEM IS RETURNED.