Fully Hand Forged Damascus Steel Clay Tempered Blade Wave Koshirae Japanese Samurai Sword Katana
This is a well-crafted Japanese samurai sword katana. It is made of Damascus Steel with 13 times folding to create the 8192 layers, which increased flexibility and hardness of the blade. The steel has been throughly refined and tempered, A special clay is applied to the blade by hand, using a thin covering near the edge and a thicker layer over the rest of the blade. this results in a relatively quicker cooling of the edge during quenching, producing a hard edge and softer back. the beautiful real hamon on the blade is also result of the differential cooling of the blade (quenching and tempering). The blade comes with full tang and without bo-hi(blood groove). The Sea Wave design brass Tsuba(guard) begins with a one piece brass Habaki. Two copper Seppas secure the tsuba of the sword. The Tsuka(handle) is hard wood laid over the tang of the blade, it comes with black lacquered genuine Ray skin Samegawa and red synthetic tsuka-Ito. Two sea wave design copper menuki on the handle. The tang is secured by two bamboo Mekugi. The Fuchi(sleeve) and Kashira(buttcap) are made of brass. The Saya has been constructed from hard wood with black matt finished. Sage-o is red cord, wrapped over a bright copper Kurigata. This is an excellent sword that even the most advanced collector would be proud to display. The cutting edge can be customized for different usage.
Fully Hand Forged Damascus Steel Clay Tempered Blade Wave Koshirae Japanese Samurai Sword Katana Features:
- HanBon Forge Handmade Japanese Sword katana
- Clay tempered and water quenched blade
- Beautiful hada and real hamon on the blade
- Full Tang Blade with 2 bamboo mekugi(pegs)
- 12 steps hand polishing and sharping
- No BO-HI(blood groove) on the blade
- Sea wave design brass tsuba(guard) and menuki
- Red synthetic tsuka-ito and sageo
- Black lacquered genuine SAMEGAWA (ray skin)
- Very Tight Hineri-maki wrap Handle
- Black matt finished saya with hardened Koiguchi(scabbard mouth)
- Brass habaki and seppa
- Can be fully disassembled and assembled
- Can cut the bamboo trees(fresh),tatami or slice paper
- Comes with a free sword bag and certificate of authenticity.
NOTE: If you do not like the color or Mountings on this sword, please click HERE to choose different mountings.
Over Length: 41"
Blade Length: 27.7"
AS A SWORD MENUFACTURER, WE TAKE GREAT PRIDE IN THE QUALITY OF OUR SWORDS AND GUARANTEE YOU WILL BE SATISFIED WITH ANYTHING YOU PURCHASE AT HANBONFORGE.COM. IF FOR ANY REASON YOU ARE NOT COMPLETELY SATISFIED WITH YOUR PURCHASE, SEND IT BACK TO US. WE WILL BE HAPPY TO MAKE AN EXCHANGE OR ISSUE YOU A REFUND FOR THE ORIGINAL PRICE PAID ONCE THE ITEM IS RETURNED.