Clay Tempered Japanese Tanto Samurai Dragon Sword 1095 Carbon Steel Blade
This tanto is has been constructed from 1095 High Carbon steel in a Maru style. In accordance with Japanese tradition, the blade has been treated with a clay covering, the hamon is authentic all the way up to the tip. The blade comes full tang. The Tsuba begins with a brass one piece Habaki. Two brass Seppas secure the blade of the sword. The Tsuba is dragon design made with brass. The tsuka has very tight hinerimaki (handle wrapping) using brown synthetic ito over genuine black samegawa ray skin. The Saya has been constructed from hard wood with a black matt finish. Sage-O has been tied around the bright copper Kurigaga (knob) of the scabbard. The Koiguchi has been hardened. It also features a chu kissaki and medium sori, giving the sword a very good balance.
Clay tempered Japanese Tanto Samurai Dragon Sword 1095 Carbon Steel Blade Feature:
- Clay tempered 1095 high carbon steel
- Hand forged real hamon on blade
- NO HI on the blade
- The Tang is secured by two Mekugi (pegs)
- Brass dragon design tsuba
- Brass habaki and Seppas
- Black genuine Ray skin Samegawa
- Brown tsuka-ito with Hineri-maki wrap
- Black matt finish hard wood saya with brown sageo
- Can be fully disassembled and assembled
- Comes with a free sword bag and certificate of authenticity.
- Over Length: 19.9"
- Blade Length: 11.8"
- Handle Length:7.7"