Top Quality Traditional Handmade Japanese Samurai Dragon Sword KATANA Kobuse Blade
This japanese samurai sword katana has been oil quenched by hanbon forge. The full tang blade has been constructed from 1095 high carbon steel. The steel has been throughly refined and tempered, A special clay is applied to the blade by hand, using a thin covering near the edge and a thicker layer over the rest of the blade. this results in a relatively quicker cooling of the edge during quenching, producing a hard edge and softer back. the beautiful real hamon on the blade is also result of the differential cooling of the blade (quenching and tempering). The blade was polished by HAZUYA which is a very thin Uchigumori stone fixed with paper, Hazuya is a specific stone to bring up hamon, the stone is very fine and soft against the steel. the blade of this sword is completely finished with Hazuya. The work is done to get mirror-like surface on shinogi-ji and edge. Well-crafted dragon design brass tsuba(guard) with one piece brass made habaki(blade collar). Two copper Seppas(spacer) secure the tsuba of the sword. The fuchi(sleeve) and kashira(buttcap) are also made of brass. The Tsuka(handle) has black genuine samegawa ray skin with coffee color chemical fiber ito which is tightly wrapped in katate-maki method with two bamboo mekugi pinned and two copper dragon theme menuki(ornament) decorated. The Saya(sheath) has been constructed from hard wood with hand-carved multiple ring-shaped. The Koiguchi has been hardened This sword is a well-crafted and well assembled, it is a good choice for Dojo students, gifts, and display.
TOP QUALITY TRADITION HANDMADE JAPANESE SAMURAI DRAGON SWORD KATANA KOBUSE BLADE DIFFERENTIAL HARDENED RING-SHAPED SAYA Features:
- HanBon Forge Handmade Japanese katana
- Hand polished by Hazuya
- Traditional Hand Forged Kobuse Blade
- Heated treated and oil quenched blade
- Full Tang Blade with 2 bamboo mekugi(pegs)
- Dragon theme design brass tsuba(guard) and menuki
- Coffee color synthetic silk tsuka-ito
- Thick brown synthetic sageo
- Black lacquered genuine SAMEGAWA (ray skin)
- Hand-carved multiple ring-shaped SAYA
- Very Tight katate-maki wrap Handle
- Brass habaki and seppas
- Can be fully disassembled and assembled
- Comes with a free sword bag and certificate of authenticity.
- Over Length: 40.9"
- Blade Length: 27.7"
- Handle Length:10.5"