HIGH QUALITY JAPANESE SAMURAI SWORD TANTO HAZUYA POLISHED RAY SKIN HANDLE AND SAYA
This TANTO is hand forged and hand sharpened using Japanese methods to create a perfect blade. The blade of the sword has been made of 1095 high carbon steel, and it has been laminated in Maru style with a clay temper line. The blade comes with full tang and a chu-kissaki. The steel has been throughly refined and tempered, a special clay is applied to the blade by hand, using a thin covering near the edge and a thicker layer over the rest of the blade. This results in a relatively quicker cooling of the edge during quenching, producing a hard edge and softer back. The beautiful real hamon on the blade is also result from the differential cooling of the blade (quenching and tempering). The blade was polished by HAZUYA which is a very thin Uchigumori stone fixed with paper, Hazuya is a specific stone to bring up hamon, The stone is very fine and soft against the steel. The blade of this sword is completely finished with Hazuya. The work is done to get mirror-like surface on shinogi-ji and edge. Test cutting proved that it can be used for test cutting such as bamboo/ tatami mats/ water bottles. This sword has no bo-hi(blood groove) and Tsuba(guard). It comes with a one piece brass construction Habaki(blade collar). The Tsuka(handle) of the sword has been constructed from hard wood with red genuine Ray skin(Samegawa) wrapped. The full tang is secured by two bamboo Mekugi(pins). The saya is hard wooden with red real rayskin wrapped. The Koiguchi has been hardened by bull horn. This is a sharpened, super, truly battle ready Samurai sword very suitable for iaido and kendo superior. It is also allows you to make a collection of realistic, yet beautiful samurai sword, or to present one to your friend. Don't miss such a chance!
HIGH QUALITY JAPANESE SAMURAI SWORD TANTO HAZUYA POLISHED RAY SKIN HANDLE AND SAYA Features:
- HanBon Forge Handmade TANTO sword
- AISI 1095 high carbon steel blade
- Traditional construction Built for cutting
- Differentially Clay tempered and water quenched
- HAZUYA polished full tang blade
- No bo-hi(blood groove) and tsuba(guard)
- Red genuine Ray skin wrapped tsuka(handle)
- Black high gloss finished and red real ray skin wrapped saya(sheath)
- Double Pinned Bamboo Mekugi(peg)
- Brass habaki
- Can be fully disassembled and assembled
- Can cut the bamboo trees(fresh),tatami or slice paper
- Comes with a free sword bag and certificate of authenticity.
NOTE: If you do not like the color or Mountings on this sword, please click HERE to choose different mountings.
Over Length: 19.9"
Blade Length: 11.8"