Clay Tempered Samurai Katana Japanese Sword Damascus Folded Steel Blade Traditional Handmade
This katana has been hand forged using the ancient folding technique. Full hand forged, hand polished. The blade has been constructed of full tang Damascus Folded Steel with Clay Tempered. 13 times folded created unique patterning of the steel on the blade. The hamon is authentic all the way up to the tip, there is a deep bohi on both sides of blade and an extended chu-kissaki. The tsuka has very tight common hineri-maki (handle wrapping) using black leather ito over genuine black samegawa ray skin. The tang is double pinned with bamboo mekugi. The guard, fuchi, kashira, menuki (ornament) are also handcrafted brass with a dragon design. The scabbard is hand-carved multiple ring-shaped hard wood. This sword is sharpened to allow for cutting exercises.
Clay Tempered Samurai Katana Japanese Sword Damascus Folded Steel Blade Traditional Handmade Features:
- HanBon Forge Handmade Japanese katana
- Clay Tempered Damascus Folded Steel (real hamon)
- Hand polishing and hand sharping
- Bo-hi (blood grooves) to lighter the blade
- High quality black leather tsuka-ito
- Common hineri-maki (handle wrapping)
- Black lacquered genuine SAMEGAWA (ray skin)
- Brass dragon tsuba, fuchi, kashira, menuki (ornament)
- Brass Habaki (blade collar) and two Seppas (spacer)
- Hard wooden hand-carved multiple ring-shaped saya
- Black IMPORTED SAGEO
- Can cut the bamboo trees (fresh), tatami or slice paper
- Comes with a free sword bag and certificate of authenticity
Over Length: 41"
Blade Length: 27.7"