Fully Hand Forged Damascus Steel Clay Tempered Blade Dragon Koshirae Japanese Samurai Sword Wakizashi
This Japanese Samurai Sword Katana is made of damascus folded steel. The blade has been repeatedly heat treated and hand forged to remove impurities, it has been folded 13 times with 8192 layers, and it has been hand polished with multiple grade sharpen stone by Japanese method, which made the surface of the blade like a mirror. The clay temper process combines the characters of toughness and flexibility and results in a genuine hamon (temper line). The combination of the quenching and the clay cover creates a significant temperature difference in the Ha of the blade and the rest of the sword. The hamon is authentic all the way up to the tip. The blade comes with full tang and a chu-kissaki. The Habaki is a single piece brass construction fitted over a copper Seppa. The Tsuba itself is brass with dragon design. Another Seppa secures the Tsuba to the Tsuka of the sword. The Tsuka is wood laid over the tang of the blade. Wrapped over the wood is a black ray skin Same, and the tsuka-ito is coffee color synthetic cord, wrapped over the black ray skin. Two bamboo mekugi secures the tang to the Tsuka. A dragon design brass menuki is found on each side of the handle. The katana comes with a natural wood Saya(sheath), and a coffee synthetic Sage-O has been tied around the bright copper Kurigaga(knob) of the scabbard. the Koiguchi has been hardened. This is a sharpened, super, truly battle ready Samurai sword very suitable for iaido and kendo superior.
Fully Hand Forged Damascus Steel Clay Tempered Blade Dragon Koshirae Japanese Samurai Sword Wakizashi Features:
- HanBon Forge Handmade Wakizashi sword
- 13 times folding with 8192 layers black folded steel blade
- Traditional construction Built for cutting
- Differentially Clay tempered and water quenched
- Hand sharpened with multiple grade sharpen stone
- Comes with a full tang blade and real hamon
- No Hi(blood groove) on the blade
- Dragon design brass tsuba(guard) and menuki
- Black genuine Ray skin Samegawa
- Natural wood Saya(sheath) with hardened Koiguchi
- Coffee synthetic silk tsuka-ito and sageo
- Double Pinned Bamboo Mekugi(peg)
- Very Tight Hineri-maki wrap Handle
- Brass habaki and seppa
- Can be fully disassembled and assembled
- Can cut the bamboo trees(fresh),tatami or slice paper
- Comes with a free sword bag and certificate of authenticity.
NOTE: If you do not like the color or Mountings on this sword, please click HERE to choose different mountings.
Overall Length: 30.7"
Nagasa Length: 19.7"
Handle Length: 8.1"
AS A SWORD MENUFACTURER, WE TAKE GREAT PRIDE IN THE QUALITY OF OUR SWORDS AND GUARANTEE YOU WILL BE SATISFIED WITH ANYTHING YOU PURCHASE AT HANBONFORGE.COM. IF FOR ANY REASON YOU ARE NOT COMPLETELY SATISFIED WITH YOUR PURCHASE, SEND IT BACK TO US. WE WILL BE HAPPY TO MAKE AN EXCHANGE OR ISSUE YOU A REFUND FOR THE ORIGINAL PRICE PAID ONCE THE ITEM IS RETURNED.