Japanese Samurai Dragon Sword KATANA Unokubi-Zukuri Full Tang Clay tempered Blade
This Katana sword has been hand forged using the ancient method of sword making. The blade of the sword has been constructed from 1095 High Carbon steel in a Maru style. A special clay was applied to the blade by hand, using a thin covering near the edge and a thicker layer over the rest of the blade. This results in a relatively quicker cooling of the edge during quenching, producing a hard edge and softer back. the beautiful real hamon on the blade was also result of the differential cooling of the blade (quenching and tempering). This blade has been hand polished with multiple grade sharpen stone by Japanese method, which made the surface of the blade like a mirror, the blade is also very sharp. The tip of the blade is a O-Kissaki (long length), it is well defined with the hamon going all the way through the Boshi. This blade has a shape in "Unokubi-Zukuri" style, there are two Hi on each side, one is longer and shallow which is from habaki to kissaki, one is shorter and deep which is from habaki to the middle of the blade. This not only allows for a lighter blade and audible feedback when swung, but also can balance the blade to achieve optimal performance. The Tsuba begins with a brass one piece Habaki. Two copper Seppas secure the blade of the sword. The Tsuba is a dragon design made with brass. The Fuchi(sleeve) and Kashira(buttcap) are also made of brass. The tsuka-ito is black synthetic cord with alternating cross over the red real ray skin samegawa, and two dragon design menuki on the handle. The tang is double pinned with bamboo mekugi. The katana comes with a hard wooden SAYA(sheath) with black high gloss finished, and black synthetic Sage-O has been tied around the bright copper Kurigaga(knob) of the scabbard. The Koiguchi has been hardened. This sword is strong enough to cut through a thick bamboo tree with a single strike yet sharp enough to slice paper.
Japanese Samurai Dragon Sword KATANA Unokubi-Zukuri Full Tang Clay tempered Blade Features:
- HanBon Forge Handmade Katana sword
- AISI 1095 high carbon steel
- Traditional construction Built for cutting
- Differentially Clay tempered and water quenched
- Hand polished with multiple grade sharpen stone
- Comes with a full tang blade and O-kissaki
- Double HI(blood groove) on each side of the "Unokubi-Zukuri" style blade
- Dragon design brass tsuba and menuki
- Red lacquered genuine Ray skin Samegawa
- Black synthetic silk tsuka-ito and sageo
- Very Tight Hineri-maki wrap Handle
- Black high gloss finished hard wooden saya(sheath)
- Double Pinned Bamboo Mekugi(peg)
- Brass habaki and Seppas
- Can be fully disassembled and assembled
- Can cut the bamboo trees(fresh),tatami or slice paper
- Comes with a free sword bag and certificate of authenticity.
NOTE: If you do not like the color or Mountings on this sword, please click HERE to choose different mountings.
Over Length: 40.9"
Blade Length: 27.7"
AS A SWORD MENUFACTURER, WE TAKE GREAT PRIDE IN THE QUALITY OF OUR SWORDS AND GUARANTEE YOU WILL BE SATISFIED WITH ANYTHING YOU PURCHASE AT HANBONFORGE.COM. IF FOR ANY REASON YOU ARE NOT COMPLETELY SATISFIED WITH YOUR PURCHASE, SEND IT BACK TO US. WE WILL BE HAPPY TO MAKE AN EXCHANGE OR ISSUE YOU A REFUND FOR THE ORIGINAL PRICE PAID ONCE THE ITEM IS RETURNED.