Japanese Samurai Sword KATANA Unokubi-Zukuri Full Tang Clay tempered Blade Bamboo Sheath
This japanese samurai katana sword has been hand made by hanbon forge. The full tang blade is made of 1095 high carbon steel which has been laminated in a Maru style. This blade has a shape in "Unokubi-Zukuri" style, There is one big Hi (blood groove) on each side which is from Habaki to the middle of the blade, The thickness on the back becomes thinner from the half of the blade towards the tip, but the back turns to thick near the KISSAKI (tip). this not only allows for a lighter blade and audible feedback when swung. but also can balance the blade to achieve optimal performance. A special clay was applied to the blade by hand, using a thin covering near the edge and a thicker layer over the rest of the blade. this results in a relatively quicker cooling of the edge during quenching, producing a hard edge and softer back. the beautiful real hamon on the blade was also result of the differential cooling of the blade (quenching and tempering). This blade has been hand polished with multiple grade sharpen stone by Japanese method, which made the surface of the blade like a mirror, the blade is also very sharp.The tip of the blade is a O-Kissaki (long length), it is well defined with the hamon going all the way through the Boshi. The Tsuba (guard) of the sword is made of high quality brass. The Habaki (blade collar) is a one piece brass construction. Two Seppas (spacer) secure the Tsuba. The Fuchi (sleeve) and Kashira (buttcap) are also made of brass. The Tsuka core is wooden with a black Ray Skin Same and it has been wrapped by black leather mixed gold synthetic silk. Two Bamboo Mekugi secure the tang of the sword into the Tsuka. Two copper Menuki on each side of the Tsuka. The Saya(sheath) has been constructed from hard wood with real bamboo wrapped. The saya (sheath) of the sword is hard wooden. Thick black Sage-O has been tied around the bright copper Kurigaga (knob) of the scabbard. The Koiguchi has been hardened by bull horn. This sword is hand forged and hand sharpen, it is good for cutting performance.
Japanese Samurai Sword KATANA Unokubi-Zukuri Full Tang Clay tempered Blade Bamboo Sheath Features:
- HanBon Forge Handmade Wakizashi sword
- AISI 1095 high carbon steel
- "Unokubi-Zukuri" style blade
- Two Hi(blood groove) on each side of the blade
- Traditional construction Built for cutting
- Differentially Clay tempered and water quenched
- Comes with a full tang blade and O-Kissaki
- Well made round brass tsuba(guard)
- Black genuine Ray skin Samegawa
- Black leather mixed gold synthetic silk tsuka-ito
- Two blacked menuki on the handle
- Very Tight Hineri-maki wrap Handle
- Hard wooden saya with bamboo wrapped saya(sheath)
- Thick black synthetic sageo
- Double Pinned Bamboo Mekugi(peg)
- Brass habaki and Seppas
- Can be fully disassembled and assembled
- Can cut the bamboo trees(fresh),tatami or slice paper
- Comes with a free sword bag and certificate of authenticity.
NOTE: If you do not like the color or Mountings on this sword, please click HERE to choose different mountings.
Over Length: 40.9"
Blade Length: 27.7"
AS A SWORD MENUFACTURER, WE TAKE GREAT PRIDE IN THE QUALITY OF OUR SWORDS AND GUARANTEE YOU WILL BE SATISFIED WITH ANYTHING YOU PURCHASE AT HANBONFORGE.COM. IF FOR ANY REASON YOU ARE NOT COMPLETELY SATISFIED WITH YOUR PURCHASE, SEND IT BACK TO US. WE WILL BE HAPPY TO MAKE AN EXCHANGE OR ISSUE YOU A REFUND FOR THE ORIGINAL PRICE PAID ONCE THE ITEM IS RETURNED.