Folded Steel Shirasaya Sword Samurai Japanese Clay Tempered Blade Hard Natural Wood Saya
The blade of this Shirasaya sword has been constructed of damascus folded steel. Clay temper results in the real hamon and blade has been polished to a mirror polish using Japanese water stones. The masame folding pattern is clearly visible. The blade comes full tang, two bamboo mekugi secure the tang of the sword into the tsuka. NO-HI is to enhance the power for cutting. The handle and saya are both made of hard natural wood and bull horn koiguchi (the mouth of the scabbard or its fitting). It has no tsuba (guard) of the sword, the Habaki (blade collar) is a one piece brass construction.
Folded Steel Shirasaya Sword Samurai Japanese Katana Clay Tempered Blade Hard Natural Wood Saya Features:
- HanBon Forge Hand Made Shirasaya Sword
- Clay Tempered Folded Damascus Steel
- Full Tang Blade
- SHINOGI-ZUKURI Blade Shape
- Two bamboo Mekugi (pegs) secure the tang of the blade
- Hard Natural Wooden Handle & Saya with bull horn koiguchi
- No tsuba (guard)
- Brass Habaki (blade collar)
- Uses: Iaito / Practice / Display
- Accessories: a sword bag and certifacate of authenticity
Over Length: 40.9"
Blade Length: 27.7"
Handle Length: 10.5"
AS A SWORD MENUFACTURER, WE TAKE GREAT PRIDE IN THE QUALITY OF OUR SWORDS AND GUARANTEE YOU WILL BE SATISFIED WITH ANYTHING YOU PURCHASE AT HANBONFORGE.COM. IF FOR ANY REASON YOU ARE NOT COMPLETELY SATISFIED WITH YOUR PURCHASE, SEND IT BACK TO US. WE WILL BE HAPPY TO MAKE AN EXCHANGE OR ISSUE YOU A REFUND FOR THE ORIGINAL PRICE PAID ONCE THE ITEM IS RETURNED.