Japanese Sword SAMURAI KATANA CLAY TEMPERED BLADE FULL TANG
This Katana sword has been hand forged using the ancient method of sword making. The blade was made of 1095 high carbon steel, and it has been laminated in a Maru style. The steel has been throughly refined and tempered, a special clay is applied to the blade by hand, using a thin covering near the edge and a thicker layer over the rest of the blade. This results in a relatively quicker cooling of the edge during quenching, producing a hard edge and softer back. The beautiful real hamon on the blade is also result from the differential cooling of the blade (quenching and tempering). The blade has long Hi (blood groove) on each side, this not only allows for a lighter blade and audible feedback when swung, but also can balance the blade to achieve optimal performance. The tip of the blade is a KAMASU-Kissaki (straight). This sword is hand sharpened and hand polished, it is very sharp. High quality brass dragon design Tsuba(guard) with one piece brass habaki(blade collar), and two seppas(spacer) secure the tsuba. The Fuchi(sleeve) and Kashira(buttcap) are also made of brass. The tsuka-ito is coffee color with alternating cross over the green real ray skin samegawa, and two dragon design copper menuki on the handle. The tang is double pinned with bamboo mekugi. The hard wooden SAYA(sheath) has been green high gloss lacquered with speckle. The saya has buffalo horn koiguchi, and thick brown silk sageo tied over a buffalo horn kurikata with bright copper shitodome. This is a sharpened, super, truly battle ready Samurai sword very suitable for iaido and kendo superior. It is also allows you to make a collection of realistic, yet beautiful samurai sword, or to present one to your friend. Don't miss such a chance!
Japanese Sword SAMURAI KATANA CLAY TEMPERED BLADE FULL TANG Feature:
- HanBon Forge Handmade katana sword
- Hand forged 1095 high carbon steel blade
- Traditional construction Built for cutting
- Differentially Clay tempered and water quenched
- Comes with a KAMASU-Kissaki and full tang
- Long HI(blood groove) on each side of the blade
- Dragon theme design brass tsuba and menuki
- Green genuine Ray skin Samegawa
- Coffee synthetic silk tsuka-ito
- Thick brown synthetic sageo
- Very Tight Hineri-maki wrap Handle
- Hard wooden lacquered saya with speckle
- buffalo horn koiguchi and kurikata
- Double Pinned Bamboo Mekugi(peg)
- Brass habaki and Seppas
- Can be fully disassembled and assembled
- Can cut the bamboo trees(fresh),tatami or slice paper
- Comes with a free sword bag and certificate of authenticity.
NOTE: If you do not like the color or Mountings on this sword, please click HERE to choose different mountings.
Over Length: 40.9"
Blade Length: 27.7"
AS A SWORD MENUFACTURER, WE TAKE GREAT PRIDE IN THE QUALITY OF OUR SWORDS AND GUARANTEE YOU WILL BE SATISFIED WITH ANYTHING YOU PURCHASE AT HANBONFORGE.COM. IF FOR ANY REASON YOU ARE NOT COMPLETELY SATISFIED WITH YOUR PURCHASE, SEND IT BACK TO US. WE WILL BE HAPPY TO MAKE AN EXCHANGE OR ISSUE YOU A REFUND FOR THE ORIGINAL PRICE PAID ONCE THE ITEM IS RETURNED.