Japanese Samurai Sword T10 Steel Clay Temper HIRA-ZUKURI Blade Dragon Paint Saya
The blade of this katana has been constructed of differentially hardened T-10 steel with clay tempered. It features full tang and HIRA-ZUKURI style blade. T10 spring steel has a superior heat treatment, especially on hard or thick dense targets. Clay Tempered blade is more resistant and durable which has both strength and flexibility. It is also available to customize hamon structure if you send us details, such as hamon pictures. The blade has been hand polished using Japanese water stones. The hamon and is clearly visible thanks to the hand polish. We prefer and recommend the use of through tempered blades for cutting as it is more durable and more predictable. It is finished with a replica of an antique dragon brass tsuba and uses the new bamboo mekugi pins. The handle core is made of wood, with very tight hinerimaki (handle wrapping) using black ito over genuine white samegawa ray skin. The menuki are brass dragons. The saya (scabbard) of the katana sword is wooden with black fumy style with dragon painted, and thick black & white sageo tied over a wooden kurikata with brass shitodome. This sword is a very good choice for dojo and iaido use, gifts, practice, display, and collection.
Japanese KATANA Samurai Sword T10 Steel Clay tempered HIRA-ZUKURI Blade Dragon Painted Saya Features:
- HanBon Forge Handmade Japanese Katana
- Genuine hamon on the edge (differental hardened)
- Hand polishing
- Full Tang Blade with 2 bamboo mekugi (pegs)
- Top quality brass tsuba (hand guard) in dragon design
- Very tight Hineri-maki wrap handle
- Authentic white SAMEGAWA (ray skin) with black wrap
- Brass habaki (blade collar), seppa (spacer)
- Brass dragon menuki (hilt ornament)
- Dragon painted white with black fumy saya (scabbard) is hard wood
- Thick black and white sageo tied over a wooden kurikata with brass shitodome
- Free sword bag and certificate of authenticity
- This sword is sharpened to allow for cutting exercises
- Can be fully disassembled and assembled
- Keep a light coat of oil on your blade when not in use
Over Length: 41"
Blade Length: 27.7"
NOTE: If you do not like the color or Mountings on this sword, please click HERE to choose different mountings.