Fully Hand Forged Damascus Steel Clay Tempered Blade Flying Dragon Koshirae Japanese Samurai Sword Katana
This Katana sword is made of Damascus Steel with a polished mirror-like surface. It is a very strong blade made with traditional methods for multiple applications. The blade is repeatedly heat treated and hand forged to remove impurities. The blade has been folded 13 times with 8192 layers, and a special clay is applied to the blade by hand, using a thin covering near the edge and a thicker layer over the rest of the blade. this results in a relatively quicker cooling of the edge during quenching, producing a hard edge and softer back. the beautiful real hamon on the blade is also result of the differential cooling of the blade (quenching and tempering). The blade comes with full tang and long HI(blood groove) on each side, and it has been hand sharpened and hand polished with multiple grade sharpen stone by Japanese method, which made the surface of the blade like a mirror, the blade is also very sharp. The sword comes with Dragon Koshirae. High quality brass dragon design Tsuba(guard) with one piece brass habaki(blade collar), and two seppas(spacer) secure the tsuba.The Fuchi(sleeve) and Kashira(buttcap) are made of brass. The tsuka-ito is purplish red with alternating cross over the white real ray skin samegawa, and two dragon design menuki on the handle. The tang is double pinned with bamboo mekugi. The katana comes with a hard wood saya(sheath) with black&red threadiness finished. Puplish black&red thick synthetic Sage-O has been tied around the bright copper Kurigaga (knob) of the scabbard. the Koiguchi has been hardened. This sword is strong enough to cut through a thick bamboo tree with a single strike yet sharp enough to slice paper.
Fully Hand Forged Damascus Steel Clay Tempered Blade Flying Dragon Koshirae Japanese Samurai Sword Katana Features:
- HanBon Forge Handmade Katana sword
- 13 times folding with 8192 layers folded steel blade
- Traditional construction Built for cutting
- Differentially Clay tempered and water quenched
- Hand sharpened with multiple grade sharpen stone
- Comes with a full tang blade and real hamon
- Long Hi(blood groove) on each side of the blade
- Dragon desigh brass tsuba and menuki
- White genuine Ray skin Samegawa
- Purplish red synthetic silk tsuka-ito
- Thick Puplish black&red sageo
- Very Tight Hineri-maki wrap Handle
- Hard wood saya with black&red threadiness finished
- Double Pinned Bamboo Mekugi(peg)
- Brass habaki and Seppas
- Can be fully disassembled and assembled
- Can cut the bamboo trees(fresh),tatami or slice paper
- Comes with a free sword bag and certificate of authenticity.
NOTE: If you do not like the color or Mountings on this sword, please click HERE to choose different mountings.
Over Length: 40.9"
Blade Length: 27.7"
AS A SWORD MENUFACTURER, WE TAKE GREAT PRIDE IN THE QUALITY OF OUR SWORDS AND GUARANTEE YOU WILL BE SATISFIED WITH ANYTHING YOU PURCHASE AT HANBONFORGE.COM. IF FOR ANY REASON YOU ARE NOT COMPLETELY SATISFIED WITH YOUR PURCHASE, SEND IT BACK TO US. WE WILL BE HAPPY TO MAKE AN EXCHANGE OR ISSUE YOU A REFUND FOR THE ORIGINAL PRICE PAID ONCE THE ITEM IS RETURNED.