Hand forged Japanese Sea Bird sword AISI 1060 high carbon steel full tang blade
This katana is made of 1060 high carbon steel,it was Fully hand forged in a completely traditional manner.The blade is hand polished by 12 steps which create the surface of the blade like a morrior. This blade comes with a full length Tang which greatly enhances the strength of the sword while swung. The tang will be filed to match well with the handle. The blade has long Hi on each side, This not only allows for a lighter blade and audible feedback when swung. but also can balance the blade to achieve optimal performance. the tsuba is a round alloy tsuba with a sea bird and sea wave theme. The tsuka is wrapped in white genuine SAMEGAWA (ray skin) and the tsuka-ito is premium coffee silk. The saya is done in a beautiful black gloss finish with white dots going the whole length of the scabbard and the sageo is also coffee silk. This is a truly Samurai sword very suitable for iaido and kendo superior.
Hand forged Japanese Sea Bird KATANA sword Features:
- HanBon Forge Handmade Katana
- Hand forged AISI 1060 high carbon steel
- 12 steps hand polishing
- Full Tang Blade and double pegged with bamboo mekugi pins for added security
- round alloy tsuba with a sea bird and sea wave theme.
- black gloss finish with white dots
- Very Tight Hineri-maki wrap Handle
- White genuine SAMEGAWA (ray skin) inlay
- Brass habaki and seppa
- Can take it apart for maintenance
- Comes with a free sword bag
Over Length: 40.9"
Blade Length: 27.7"