HANDMADE JAPANESE KATANA SAMURAI SWORD DRAGON KOSHIRAE LEATHER ITO HUALEE SAYA
This KATANA is hand forged using Japanese methods to create a perfect blade. The blade of the sword has been Full hand forged, hand polished. The blade was made of 1095 high carbon steel, and it has been laminated in a Maru style. The blade comes with full tang and a chu-kissaki. The steel has been throughly refined and tempered, a special clay is applied to the blade by hand, using a thin covering near the edge and a thicker layer over the rest of the blade. This results in a relatively quicker cooling of the edge during quenching, producing a hard edge and softer back. The beautiful real hamon on the blade is also result from the differential cooling of the blade (quenching and tempering). Blade is fully functional. The Dragon design Tsuba (guard) of the sword is made of alloy. The Habaki (blade collar) is a one piece brass construction. Two Seppas (spacer) secure the Tsuba. The Tsuka(handle) of the sword has been constructed from black genuine Ray skin Samegawa wrapped by brown leather ito in katatemaki style and secured by two bamboo Mekugi(pins). The katana comes with a natural hualee wood Saya. Brown synthetic Sage-O has been tied around the bright copper Kurigaga (knob) of the scabbard. the Koiguchi has been hardened. This is a truly samurai sword very suitable for iaido and kendo superior. it is also allows you to make a collection of realistic, yet beautiful samurai sword, or to present one to your friend. Don't miss such a chance!
HANDMADE JAPANESE SAMURAI SWORD DRAGON KOSHIRAE LEATHER ITO HUALEE SAYA Features:
- HanBon Forge Handmade Katana sword
- Full tang blade is made of 1095 high carbon steel
- Differentially Clay tempered and water quenched
- Comes with a full tang blade and real hamon
- Long Hi on each side of the blade
- Fine finished Dragon desigh tsuba and menuki
- Black genuine Ray skin Samegawa
- Brown leather tsuka-ito and brown synthetic silk sageo
- Very Tight katatemaki wrap Handle
- Natural hualee wood saya(sheath) with hardened koiguchi
- Double Pinned Bamboo Mekugi(peg)
- Brass habaki and Seppas
- Can be fully disassembled and assembled
- Comes with a free sword bag and certificate of authenticity.
NOTE: If you do not like the color or Mountings on this sword, please click HERE to choose different mountings.
Over Length: 40.9"
Blade Length: 27.7"