Lion Koshiare Damascus Steel Oil Quenched Full Tang Blade Japanese Samurai Sword WAKIZASHI
This japanese samurai sword WAKIZASHI has been hand polished and hand sharpened by hanbon forge. The full tang blade has been constructed from Damascus Steel with 13 times folding to create the 8192 layers, which cast flexibility and hardness of the blade in a large degree, the visible tenuous undulating grain on the blade was resulted from folded repeatedly during forging. This blade has been hand polished with multiple grade sharpen stone by Japanese method, which made the surface of the blade like a mirror, the blade is also very sharp. It has long HI(blood groove) on each side and a Chu-kissaki on the top of the blade. The fine finished Lion design alloy tsuba(guard) with one piece brass habaki(blade collar). Two copper Seppas(spacer) secure the tsuba of the sword. The fuchi(sleeve) and kashira(buttcap) are also made of alloy. The Tsuka(handle) has black genuine samegawa ray skin with brown chemical fiber ito which is tightly wrapped in hineri-maki method and with two bamboo mekugi pinned and two copper lion theme menuki(ornament) decorated. The Saya(sheath) has been constructed from hard wood with red high gloss finished, and brown synthetic cord has been tied around the bright copper Kurigaga (knob) of the scabbard. The Koiguchi has been hardened. This sword is well-crafted and well-assembled, it is a good choice for Dojo students, gifts, and display. It is strong enough for cutting bamboo trees (fresh),tatami or slice paper.
Lion Koshiare Damascus Steel Oil Quenched Full Tang Blade Japanese Samurai Sword WAKIZASHI Features:
- HanBon Forge Handmade Japanese WAKIZASHI
- Hand forged folded damascus steel
- Heated treated and oil quenched blade
- 12 steps of Hand polishing and sharping
- Long HI and chu-kissaki on the blade
- Full Tang Blade with 2 bamboo mekugi(pegs)
- Fine finished Lion theme design alloy tsuba
- Brown synthetic tsuka-ito and sageo
- Black lacquered genuine SAMEGAWA (ray skin)
- Very Tight Hineri-maki wrap Handle
- Two Lion design copper menuki on each side of the handle
- Red high gloss finished hard wooden saya(sheath)
- Brass habaki and seppas
- Can be fully disassembled and assembled
- Can cut the bamboo trees(fresh),tatami or slice paper
- Comes with a free sword bag and certificate of authenticity.
NOTE: If you do not like the color or Mountings on this sword, please click HERE to choose different mountings.
Overall Length: 30.7"
Nagasa Length: 19.7"
Handle Length: 8.1"
AS A SWORD MENUFACTURER, WE TAKE GREAT PRIDE IN THE QUALITY OF OUR SWORDS AND GUARANTEE YOU WILL BE SATISFIED WITH ANYTHING YOU PURCHASE AT HANBONFORGE.COM. IF FOR ANY REASON YOU ARE NOT COMPLETELY SATISFIED WITH YOUR PURCHASE, SEND IT BACK TO US. WE WILL BE HAPPY TO MAKE AN EXCHANGE OR ISSUE YOU A REFUND FOR THE ORIGINAL PRICE PAID ONCE THE ITEM IS RETURNED.