TRADITIONAL HAND FORGED NAGINATA JAPANESE SAMURAI SWORD CLAY TEMPERED BLADE
This NAGINATA sword is hand forged using Japanese methods to create the perfect blade. The blade was made of 1095 high carbon steel, and it has been laminated in a Maru style with a clay temper line. A special clay was applied to the blade by hand, using a thin covering near the edge and a thicker layer over the rest of the blade. this results in a relatively quicker cooling of the edge during quenching, producing a hard edge and softer back. the beautiful real hamon on the blade was also result of the differential cooling of the blade (quenching and tempering). This blade has a shape in "Unokubi-Zukuri" style, There are two Hi on each side, one is longer and shallow which is from habaki to kissaki, one is shorter and deep which is from habaki to the middle of the blade, This not only allows for a lighter blade and audible feedback when swung. but also can balance the blade to achieve optimal performance. The tip of the blade is a O-Kissaki (long length), it is well defined with the hamon going all the way through the Boshi. The square dragon design brass tsuba(guard) begins with a brass one piece Habaki. Two copper Seppas secure the blade of the sword. The Fuchi(sleeve) and Kashira(buttcap) are made of brass. The Tsuka(handle) is constructed of hard wood over the tang of the blade, and the black synthetic silk ito Hineri-maki wrap the red genuine Ray skin Samegawa. Two bamboo mekugi secures the full tang. Two copper Menuki(ornament) are on each side of the Tsuka. The Saya has been constructed from wood with black matt finished. The black synthetic silk Sage-o has been tied around the bright copper Kurigata(knob). This sword is a very good choice for Dojo students, gifts, practice, and display.
TRADITIONAL HAND FORGED NAGINATA JAPANESE SAMURAI SWORD CLAY TEMPERED BLADE Features:
- HanBon Forge Japanese naginata sword
- Hand polishing and sharping with sharpen stone
- AISI 1060 high carbon steel blade
- Differentially Clay tempered and water quenched
- "Unokubi-Zukuri" style blade with two HI on each side
- Square dragon design brass tsuba(guard)
- Red lacquered genuine SAMEGAWA (ray skin)
- Full Tang Blade with 2 bamboo mekugi(pegs)
- Black synthetic fiber tsuka-ito and sageo
- Two copper menuki and two bamboo mekugi
- Very Tight katate-maki wrap Handle
- Black matt finished hard wood saya(sheath)
- Brass habaki and seppa
- Can be fully disassembled and assembled
- Comes with a free sword bag and certificate of authenticity.
NOTE: If you do not like the color or Mountings on this sword, please click HERE to choose different mountings.
Overall Length: 45.3"
Nagasa Length: 27.8"