TRADITIONAL HAND FORGED JAPANESE SAMURAI SWORD SAKABATO (REVERSE-EDGED SWORD) CLAY TEMPERED BLADE
This SAKABATO sword is hand forged by Japanese methods to create a perfect blade. The blade of the sword has been constructed from 1095 high carbon steel, and it has been laminated in a Maru style. The whole blade has been clay tempered and water quenched, so the blade comes with real hamon, and it has long Hi on each side, this not only allows for a lighter blade and audible feedback when swung, but also can balance the blade to achieve optimal performance. The tip of the blade is a Chu Kissaki (medium length). The blade has been hand polished with multiple grade sharpen stone by Japanese method, which made the surface of the blade like a mirror. The round brass Tsuba(guard) begins with a brass one piece Habaki. Two copper Seppas secure the tsuba of the sword. The Tsuka(handle) is hard wood laid over the tang of the blade, it comes with red lacquered genuine Ray skin Samegawa and black synthetic tsuka-Ito. The tang is secured by two bamboo Mekugi. The saya(sheath) has been black&red high gloss finished with a buffalo horn koiguchi, and thick black&red silk sageo tied over the bull horn Kurigaga(knob) with brass shitodome. This is a truly Samurai sword, it is very suitable for iaido and kendo superior.
TRADITIONAL HAND FORGED JAPANESE SAMURAI SWORD SAKABATO (REVERSE-EDGED SWORD) CLAY TEMPERED BLADE Features:
- HanBon Forge Handmade Japanese SAKABATO sword
- AISI 1095 high carbon steel
- Clay tempered and water quenched blade
- Full Tang Blade with 2 bamboo mekugi(pegs)
- 12 steps hand polishing and sharping
- Long HI on each side on the blade
- Well made round brass tsuba(guard)
- Black synthetic tsuka-ito
- Red lacquered genuine SAMEGAWA (ray skin)
- Thick black&red synthetic sageo
- Very Tight katate-maki wrap Handle
- Black&red gloss finished saya(sheath)
- Buffalo horn Koiguchi and kojiri
- Brass habaki and seppa
- Can be fully disassembled and assembled
- Comes with a free sword bag and certificate of authenticity.
NOTE: If you do not like the color or Mountings on this sword, please click HERE to choose different mountings.
Over Length: 41"
Blade Length: 27.7"
AS A SWORD MENUFACTURER, WE TAKE GREAT PRIDE IN THE QUALITY OF OUR SWORDS AND GUARANTEE YOU WILL BE SATISFIED WITH ANYTHING YOU PURCHASE AT HANBONFORGE.COM. IF FOR ANY REASON YOU ARE NOT COMPLETELY SATISFIED WITH YOUR PURCHASE, SEND IT BACK TO US. WE WILL BE HAPPY TO MAKE AN EXCHANGE OR ISSUE YOU A REFUND FOR THE ORIGINAL PRICE PAID ONCE THE ITEM IS RETURNED.