Full Hand Made Japanese SAMURAI SWORD KATANA Clay Tempered FULL TANG BLADE wave KOSHIRAE
The blade of this sword was made of 1095 high carbon steel, and it has been laminated in a Maru style with a clay temper line. It is a very strong blade made with traditional methods for multiple applications. The blade is repeatedly heat treated and hand forged to remove impurities. The steel has been throughly refined and tempered, a special clay is applied to the blade by hand, using a thin covering near the edge and a thicker layer over the rest of the blade. This results in a relatively quicker cooling of the edge during quenching, producing a hard edge and softer back. The beautiful real hamon on the blade is also result of the differential cooling of the blade (quenching and tempering). This blade has been hand polished with multiple grade stone by Japanese method, which made the surface of the blade like a mirror, the more importance is that the blade was polished by HAZUYA which is a very thin Uchigumori stone fixed with paper, Hazuya is a specific stone to bring up hamon, The stone is very fine and soft against the steel. the blade of this sword is completely finished with Hazuya. The work is done to get mirror-like surface on shinogi-ji and edge. High quality brass wave theme design Tsuba(guard) with one piece brass habaki(blade collar), and two seppas(spacer) secure the tsuba. The Fuchi(sleeve) and Kashira(buttcap) are also made of brass. The tsuka-ito is coffee with alternating cross over the black real ray skin samegawa, and two wave design menuki on the handle. The tang is double pinned with bamboo mekugi. The katana comes with a black high gloss finished hard wooden saya(sheath). Coffee color synthetic Sage-O has been tied around the bright copper Kurigaga(knob) of the scabbard. the Koiguchi has been hardened.
Full Hand Made Japanese SAMURAI SWORD KATANA Clay Tempered FULL TANG BLADE wave KOSHIRAE Feature:
- HanBon Forge Handmade Katana sword
- Full tang blade is made of 1095 high carbon steel
- Differentially Clay tempered and water quenched
- HAZUYA polished with multiple grade stone
- Comes with a full tang blade and real hamon
- No bo-hi on the blade
- Wave theme design brass tsuba and menuki
- Black genuine Ray skin Samegawa
- Coffee synthetic silk tsuka-ito and sageo
- Very Tight Hineri-maki wrap Handle
- Black high gloss finished hard wooden saya(sheath)
- Double Pinned Bamboo Mekugi(peg)
- Brass habaki and Seppas
- Can be fully disassembled and assembled
- Comes with a free sword bag and certificate of authenticity.
- Over Length: 40.9"
- Blade Length: 27.7"
- Handle Length:10.5"