Japanese Samurai Sword KATANA Unokubi-Zukuri Full Tang Clay tempered Blade Rayskin Sheath
This is sword is handmade by hanbon forge. The blade has been handmade with 1095 high carbon steel, hammered out so that the carbon is evenly distributed throughout the blade for a consistent hardness. The blade also features a kissake, hamon, and comes with a thin edge already sharpened. This sword comes full tang. In accordance with Japanese tradition, the blade has been treated with a clay covering, applied to the entire sword except the cutting edge. The blade is heated and quenched in spring water. The combination of the quenching and the clay cover creates a significant temperature difference in the Ha of the blade and the rest of the sword. The hamon is authentic all the way up to the tip. This blade has a shape in "Unokubi-Zukuri" style, there are two Hi on each side, one is longer and shallow which is from habaki to kissaki, one is shorter and deep which is from habaki to the middle of the blade, This not only allows for a lighter blade and audible feedback when swung, but also can balance the blade to achieve optimal performance. The Habaki is a single piece brass construction fitted over a copper Seppa, Another Seppa secures the Tsuba to the Tsuka of the sword. The Tsuba(guard) itself is brass with round design. The tsuka(handle) has very tight katatemaki (handle wrapping) using black synthetic ito over genuine red samegawa ray skin. Two well-crafted copper menuki on the handle. The saya(sheath) of the sword is wooden with black high gloss finished and red real ray skin wrapped, the saya has bull horn koiguchi and . The sageo is black synthetic silk tied over the kurigata with golden shitedome. It is a very good choice not only for dojo and iaido use,but also for gifts, cutting practice, display, and collection. Just buy it!
Japanese Samurai Sword KATANA Unokubi-Zukuri Full Tang Clay tempered Blade Rayskin Sheath features:
- HanBon Forge Handmade Katana sword
- AISI 1095 high carbon steel
- Traditional construction Built for cutting
- Differentially Clay tempered and water quenched
- Full tang blade with mirror polishing
- Comes with a O-kissaki
- "Unokubi-Zukuri" style blade
- Two HI(blood groove) on each side of the blade
- Round design brass tsuba(guard)
- Red lacquered genuine Ray skin Samegawa
- Very Tight katate-maki wrap Handle
- Black synthetic silk tsuka-ito and sageo
- Two copper menuki on the tsuka(handle)
- Black high gloss finished saya with real rayskin wrapped
- Double Pinned Bamboo Mekugi(peg)
- Buffalo horn koiguchi and kurikata
- Brass habaki and seppa
- Can be fully disassembled and assembled
- Can cut the bamboo trees(fresh),tatami or slice paper
- Comes with a free sword bag and certificate of authenticity.
NOTE: If you do not like the color or Mountings on this sword, please click HERE to choose different mountings.
Over Length: 40.9"
Blade Length: 27.7"
AS A SWORD MENUFACTURER, WE TAKE GREAT PRIDE IN THE QUALITY OF OUR SWORDS AND GUARANTEE YOU WILL BE SATISFIED WITH ANYTHING YOU PURCHASE AT HANBONFORGE.COM. IF FOR ANY REASON YOU ARE NOT COMPLETELY SATISFIED WITH YOUR PURCHASE, SEND IT BACK TO US. WE WILL BE HAPPY TO MAKE AN EXCHANGE OR ISSUE YOU A REFUND FOR THE ORIGINAL PRICE PAID ONCE THE ITEM IS RETURNED.