Fully Hand Forged Damascus Steel Clay Tempered Blade Straight HAMON Japanese Samurai Sword
This japanese samurai sword katana has been hand polished by hanbon forge. The full tang blade is made of folded steel with 13 times folding to create the 8192 layers, which cast flexibility and hardness of the blade in a large degree. The visible tenuous undulating grain on the blade was resulted from folded repeatedly during forging. The steel has been throughly refined and tempered, A special clay is applied to the blade by hand, using a thin covering near the edge and a thicker layer over the rest of the blade. this results in a relatively quicker cooling of the edge during quenching, producing a hard edge and softer back. The beautiful real hamon on the blade is also result from the differential cooling of the blade (quenching and tempering). The blade has been hand polished with multiple grade sharpen stone. It has a Chu-kissaki on the top of the blade. The fine finished round iron tsuba(guard) comes with one piece brass habaki(blade collar), and two copper Seppas(spacer) secure the tsuba of the sword. The fuchi(sleeve) and kashira(buttcap) are made of iron. The Tsuka(handle) has red genuine samegawa ray skin with black chemical fiber ito which is tightly wrapped in hineri-maki method and with two bamboo mekugi pinned and two flower design menuki(ornament) decorated. The Saya(sheath) has been constructed from hard wood with black&red high gloss finished. This beautiful sword is well-crafted and well-assembled, it is a good choice for Dojo students, gifts, and display.
Fully Hand Forged Damascus Steel Clay Tempered Blade Straight HAMON Japanese Samurai Sword Katana Features:
- HanBon Forge Handmade Katana sword
- 13 times folding with 8192 layers folded steel blade
- Differentially Clay tempered and water quenched
- Hand polished with multiple grade sharpen stone
- Comes with a full tang blade and real hamon
- No BO-Hi on each side of the blade
- Fine finished round iron tsuba
- Red genuine Ray skin Samegawa
- Black synthetic silk tsuka-ito
- Black&red thick synthetic sageo
- Very Tight Hineri-maki wrap Handle
- Black&red high gloss finished saya(sheath)
- Double Pinned Bamboo Mekugi(peg)
- Two flower desisgn menuki on the tsuka(handle)
- Brass habaki and Seppas
- Can be fully disassembled and assembled
- Comes with a free sword bag and certificate of authenticity.
NOTE: If you do not like the color or Mountings on this sword, please click HERE to choose different mountings.
Over Length: 40.9"
Blade Length: 27.7"
AS A SWORD MENUFACTURER, WE TAKE GREAT PRIDE IN THE QUALITY OF OUR SWORDS AND GUARANTEE YOU WILL BE SATISFIED WITH ANYTHING YOU PURCHASE AT HANBONFORGE.COM. IF FOR ANY REASON YOU ARE NOT COMPLETELY SATISFIED WITH YOUR PURCHASE, SEND IT BACK TO US. WE WILL BE HAPPY TO MAKE AN EXCHANGE OR ISSUE YOU A REFUND FOR THE ORIGINAL PRICE PAID ONCE THE ITEM IS RETURNED.