Japanese Samurai Sword WAKIZASHI Unokubi-Zukuri Full Tang Clay tempered Blade
This WAKIZASHI is well-crafted by hanbon forge. It has been full hand forged, hand polished and hand sharpened. Full hand forged, hand polished and hand sharpened. The blade of the sword has been hand crafted from 1095 high carbon steel. The carbon has been hand hammered throughout the blade to give the blade a consistent hardness. A special clay was applied to the blade by hand, using a thin covering near the edge and a thicker layer over the rest of the blade. this results in a relatively quicker cooling of the edge during quenching, producing a hard edge and softer back. the beautiful real hamon on the blade was also result of the differential cooling of the blade (quenching and tempering).This blade has a shape in "Unokubi-Zukuri" style, there are two Hi(blood groove) on each side, one is longer and shallow which is from habaki to kissaki, one is shorter and deep which is from habaki to the middle of the blade, This not only allows for a lighter blade and audible feedback when swung, but also can balance the blade to achieve optimal performance. This blade has been hand polished with multiple grade sharpen stone by Japanese method, which made the surface of the blade like a mirror, the blade is also very sharp. The tip of the blade is a O-Kissaki (long length), it is well defined with the hamon going all the way through the Boshi. The Iron musashi design Tsuba begins with a brass one piece Habaki. Two copper Seppas secure the blade of the sword. The tsuka(handle) of this Wakizashi is made of hard wood with white real ray skin and green synthetic tsuka-ito wrapped. Two gold colored menuki on the hande. This sword comes with a deep red&speckle finished Saya(sheath), and the green synthetic sage-O has been tied around the bright copper Kurigaga (knob) of the scabbard. The Koiguchi has been hardened. It is a very good choice for Dojo students, gifts, cutting practice, and display. It is durable enough for cutting tameshigiri and bamboo.
Japanese Samurai Sword WAKIZASHI Unokubi-Zukuri Full Tang Clay tempered Blade Features:
- HanBon Forge Handmade Wakizashi sword
- AISI 1095 high carbon steel
- "Unokubi-Zukuri" style blade
- Two Hi(blood groove) on each side of the blade
- Traditional construction Built for cutting
- Differentially Clay tempered and water quenched
- O-Kissaki with boshi
- Comes with a full tang blade and real hamon
- Well made iron musashi design tsuba
- White genuine Ray skin Samegawa
- Green synthetic silk tsuka-ito and sageo
- Two gold colored menuki on the handle
- Very Tight Hineri-maki wrap Handle
- Deep red with speckle finished saya(sheath)
- Double Pinned Bamboo Mekugi(peg)
- Brass habaki and Seppas
- Can be fully disassembled and assembled
- Can cut the bamboo trees(fresh),tatami or slice paper
- Comes with a free sword bag and certificate of authenticity.
NOTE: If you do not like the color or Mountings on this sword, please click HERE to choose different mountings.
Overall Length: 30.7"
Nagasa Length: 19.7"
Handle Length: 8.1"
AS A SWORD MENUFACTURER, WE TAKE GREAT PRIDE IN THE QUALITY OF OUR SWORDS AND GUARANTEE YOU WILL BE SATISFIED WITH ANYTHING YOU PURCHASE AT HANBONFORGE.COM. IF FOR ANY REASON YOU ARE NOT COMPLETELY SATISFIED WITH YOUR PURCHASE, SEND IT BACK TO US. WE WILL BE HAPPY TO MAKE AN EXCHANGE OR ISSUE YOU A REFUND FOR THE ORIGINAL PRICE PAID ONCE THE ITEM IS RETURNED.