Fully Hand Forged Damascus Steel Clay Tempered Blade Bird Koshirae Japanese Samurai Sword Katana
This Katana sword is well made by hanbon forge. The blade of the sword has been constructed from folded steel with 13 times folding to create the 8192 layers. In accordance with Japanese tradition, the blade has been treated with a clay covering, applied to the entire sword except the cutting edge. The blade is heated and quenched in spring water. The combination of the quenching and the clay cover creates a significant temperature difference in the Ha(cutting edge) of the blade and the rest of the sword. The hamon is authentic all the way up to the tip. The result is that the Ha cools much more quickly than the rest of the blade, the molecules of the Cutting edge expand and push back the softer steel of the blade creating the traditional Japanese curve. The blade comes with long Hi(blood groove) on each side and a Chu-kissaki on the top. The blade is full tang and hand sharpened, suitable for battle. This sword comes with Bird theme design brass tsuba(guard), and the habaki (blade collar) is a one piece brass construction. Two Seppas (spacer) secure the Tsuba. The Tsuka (handle) core is wooden and it is tightly wrapped over white genuine Ray skin Samegawa with gold color synthetic silk Ito. The Fuchi(sleeve) and Kashira(buttcap) are also made of brass. The Tang of the sword is secured by two Mekugi (peg). It has copper flower design Menuki(ornament) are on each side of the Tsuka. The saya(sheath) is made of hard wood with yellow stripe finished. It is durable enough for tameshigiri, bamboo, bones, iron wire, etc.
Fully Hand Forged Damascus Steel Clay Tempered Blade Bird Koshirae Japanese Samurai Sword Katana Features:
- HanBon Forge Handmade Katana sword
- 13 times folding with 8192 layers black folded steel blade
- Traditional construction Built for cutting
- Differentially Clay tempered and water quenched
- Hand sharpened with multiple grade sharpen stone
- Comes with full tang and long HI
- Bird theme design brass tsuba
- Very Tight Hineri-maki wrap Handle
- White genuine Ray skin Samegawa
- Hard wooden saya(sheath) with yellow stripe pattern
- Gold synthetic silk tsuka-ito
- Yellow&brown thick synthetic sageo
- Two flower design copper menuki on the handle
- Double Pinned Bamboo Mekugi(peg)
- Brass habaki and seppa
- Can be fully disassembled and assembled
- Can cut the bamboo trees(fresh),tatami or slice paper
- Comes with a free sword bag and certificate of authenticity.
NOTE: If you do not like the color or Mountings on this sword, please click HERE to choose different mountings.
Over Length: 40.9"
Blade Length: 27.7"
AS A SWORD MENUFACTURER, WE TAKE GREAT PRIDE IN THE QUALITY OF OUR SWORDS AND GUARANTEE YOU WILL BE SATISFIED WITH ANYTHING YOU PURCHASE AT HANBONFORGE.COM. IF FOR ANY REASON YOU ARE NOT COMPLETELY SATISFIED WITH YOUR PURCHASE, SEND IT BACK TO US. WE WILL BE HAPPY TO MAKE AN EXCHANGE OR ISSUE YOU A REFUND FOR THE ORIGINAL PRICE PAID ONCE THE ITEM IS RETURNED.