31" Japanese Samurai Sword Wakizashi Fully Hand Forged Damascus Steel Clay Tempered Full Tang Blade
This Japanese sword Wakizashi has been hand forged using the ancient method of sword making. Full hand forged, hand polished and hand sharpened. This sword is made of folded steel with 13 times folding to create the 8192 layers, which cast flexibility and hardness of the blade in a large degree. The visible tenuous undulating grain on the blade was resulted from folded repeatedly during forging. The clay temper process combines the characters of toughness and flexibility and results in a genuine hamon(temper line). This blade has been hand polished with multiple grade sharpen stone by Japanese method, which made the surface of the blade like a mirror, the blade is also very sharp. The blade comes with full tang which greatly enhances the strength of the sword. The Tree design brass tsuba comes with two copper seppas (spacer) securing. The wooden tsuka(handle) is tightly wrapped with red genuine Ray skin Samegawa and black silk tsuka-Ito, and two flower design brass menuki on the tsuka. Black high gloss finished saya(sheath) is made of hard wooden, and the Koiguchi has been hardened, and the black synthetic Sage-O has been tied around the bright copper Kurigaga (knob) of the scabbard. It is a very good choice not only for dojo and iaido use,but also for gifts, cutting practice, display, and collection. Just buy it!
31" Japanese Samurai Sword Wakizashi Fully Hand Forged Damascus Steel Clay Tempered Full Tang Blade Features:
- HanBon Forge Handmade Wakizashi sword
- 13 times folding with 8192 layers black folded steel blade
- Real hamon and beautiful hada on the blade
- Differentially Clay tempered and water quenched
- Hand sharpened with multiple grade sharpen stone
- Comes with a full tang blade and a chu-kissaki
- No BO-Hi(blood groove) on each side of the blade
- Well-made tree design brass tsuba
- Red genuine Ray skin Samegawa
- Black synthetic silk tsuka-ito and sageo
- Two copper flower design menuki
- Very Tight Hineri-maki wrap Handle
- Black high gloss finished saya(sheath)
- Double Pinned Bamboo Mekugi(peg)
- Brass habaki and Seppas
- Can be fully disassembled and assembled
- Can cut the bamboo trees(fresh),tatami or slice paper
- Comes with a free sword bag and certificate of authenticity.
NOTE: If you do not like the color or Mountings on this sword, please click HERE to choose different mountings.
Overall Length: 30.7"
Nagasa Length: 19.7"
Handle Length: 8.1"